[ALLDOCS] [CARBON] Do we really need to document 'changing to Embedded H2'?

[ALLDOCS] [CARBON] Do we really need to document 'changing to Embedded H2'?

Sherene Mahanama
Hi Jayanga/Johann/Niranjan/Kishanthan/Nilmini,

Currently in [1] we give instructions on how to change the carbon database (the H2) to a different database like mysql, mssql etc.

In any document where we link off to this doc [1], we usually mention that Embedded H2 is not recommended in production and instruct them to follow this guide to change to a different DB. However we have also documented changing to Embedded H2 [2] in this section, which IMO, might confuse the user since we are pointing them to that section saying that its not recommended and that the default one is H2 anyway.

So I was wondering is it okay to remove [2] from there? Unless we are keeping it for users who have changed it to some other DB and want to change back to Embedded H2. Is this a use case that users will actually have? Please advise.

Thanks,
Sherene Mahanama
Technical Writer

WSO2 (pvt.) Ltd.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Mobile: <a href="tel:%28%2B94%29%20773131798" value="+94773131798" style="font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,monospace,san-serif;font-size:x-small;background-color:rgb(230,230,230);color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">(+94) 777994805

Re: [ALLDOCS] [CARBON] Do we really need to document 'changing to Embedded H2'?

Nilmini Perera
Hi Sherene,

Thanks for raising this.
I suppose the only use case for [2] is if someone wants to change back to embedded H2, for some kind of testing.
IMO, since we the embedded H2 in the product, we need to have it documented. But we need to explain that properly in the doc.

wdyt?

Thanks!

--
Nilmini Perera