WSO2 Web Services Application Server 3.2.1 Released!..
WSO2 WSAS is the Enterprise ready Web services engine powered by Apache Axis2. It is a lightweight application server for Web services that incorporates leading open source components into a simple, easy-to-use package with high performances. WSAS is based on the revolutionary WSO2 Carbon  framework, Middleware a la carte'. Now you can adopt the middleware to suite your enterprise architecture. All the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.
It supports Java components as services using both SOAP and REST models. Web services support include WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-SecureConversation, WS-Reliable Messaging, WS-Addressing, WS-Policy, WS-SecurityPolicy and more, giving a fully secure and reliable infrastructure that interoperates with both J2EE and .NET frameworks using open standard protocols.
WSO2 WSAS is built on Apache Axis2, the popular Web services framework mainly developed by WSO2 engineers. WSO2 WSAS provides many value additions on top of Axis2, making it a more enterprise ready product. It also integrates other core Apache Web services projects such as Apache Axiom, Apache Rampart, Apache Sandesha2, Apache Savan , and Apache Neethi to form a production quality, comprehensive Web services server platform.
An open source product, WSO2 WSAS is available under the
Apache Software License (v2.0). This includes all of the extra integration and management functionality as well.
New Features In This Release
* Carbon Application (cApp) support including user interfaces to manage Carbon Applications
* WSAS IDE - Eclipse IDE integration * Clustering support for High Availability & High Scalability
* Full support for WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Policy and WS-Secure Conversation and XKMS * EJB service provider support - Expose your EJBs as services * Axis1 backward compatibility - Deploy Axis1 services on WSAS & Engage advanced WS-* protocols in front of legacy services
* JAX-WS support - Deploy any JAX-WS annotated service and engage WS-* protocols through the management console. * JMX & Web interface based monitoring and management * WS-* & REST support * GUI, command line & IDE based tools for Web service development
* Equinox P2 based provisioning support
* AJAX based Management Console with complete administration capability of the server * WSDL2Java/Java2WSDL/WSDL 1.1 to WSDL 2.0 Converter/AAR & Mar Validator/WSDL Validator and Try it(invoke any remote Web service)
* IDE Integration Apache Axis2 modules included with WSO2 WSAS