[APIM] Analytics for an API based on Applications.

[APIM] Analytics for an API based on Applications.

Menaka Jayawardena
Hi,

Currently, in API Manager analytics, it only shows API Usage based on subscribers. The number of api invocations is calculated by the sum of all api invocations by the subscribers.

But, the api publisher, cannot know what are the applications that subscribed to the api and how many api invocations are being done via those applications.

So, the idea of this task is to implement a new analytics page in API Publisher, which shows the applications which are subscribed to a particular api and the number of api invocations via each application.

As the same information is visualized in API Store analytics, we can re-use them for this feature as well.

Screenshot(7).png

Data Representation

This improvement will add a new analytics page for the API Manager Publisher analytics. The data should be visualized as applications and invocations against an api. So the above graph can be changed as follows.
Screenshot(8).png

Any ideas, suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Menaka

--
Menaka Jayawardena

Phone    : +94 71 350 5470

Re: [APIM] Analytics for an API based on Applications.

Fazlan Nazeem
Hi Menaka,

In store we list down all the applications and then for each application we show a pie chart with its API usage.

For this feature, I think we should provide a drop down to search the API and then once selected, a pie chart or a suitable chart should be rendered only for the selected API.  Listing down all APIs like in store will not be scalable.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 12:28 PM Menaka Jayawardena <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc

Re: [APIM] Analytics for an API based on Applications.

Dinusha Dissanayake
Hi Menaka,

Does this involve new table creations in analytics(analytics DB or STAT DB)? Could you please elaborate on how you would be planning to retrieve data for this?

Thanks,
DinushaD

[...]

Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc
Mobile: +94712939439

Re: [APIM] Analytics for an API based on Applications.

Rukshan Premathunga
Hi,

In the throttle out analytics graph in the publisher, we can filter the API count only per application. But it is available only in the publisher and other information also display there. If you have any idea to implement a new graph, I think data are already in the database and you can re-use them(API_REQUEST_SUMMARY).

Thanks and Regards

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 12:39 PM Dinusha Dissanayake <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rukshan Chathuranga.
Software Engineer.
WSO2, Inc.
+94711822074

Re: [APIM] Analytics for an API based on Applications.

Menaka Jayawardena
Hi,

[hidden email] Noted. Do we need to list all the subscribed applications to an API here or only the apps which have invoked the api?

[hidden email] There will be no new analytics tables will be created. Instead, the data in existing tables will be used.

Thank you very much Rukshan for the information.

Thanks and Regards,
Menaka

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 1:57 PM Menaka Jayawardena <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[hidden email] Noted. Do we need to list all the subscribed applications to an API here or only the apps which have invoked the api?
I don't think you will be able to fetch the subscribed apps information from STATS_DB only. Therefore showing the stats only for the applications with traffic is fine IMO.

[...]

Chamila Adhikarinayake
Hi Menaka,
Which version is this feature planned for? If this is not done For AM 2.6, then we will have to re-write this whole feature again to work with SP.

Mobile - +94712346437
Email  - [hidden email]