Additional roles on top of Active Directory

Additional roles on top of Active Directory

ostergaard

Hi,

We are using an Secure LDAP connection to Active Directory as a user store. We need some additional functionality on top of the existing AD structure, which requires changes in the existing setup / application.

Are there any plans or ideas in adding an additional role layer on top of an existing external connected user store such as ex. Active Directory.

The functionality we look for are intended to make it possible to collect or bundle security groups into a business role in the Identity Server.

Thanks,

Med venlig hilsen / best regards

Jørgen Østergaard
Phone:  +45 5363 6732

cid:31391d25-b727-4571-b9f2-a66d58180757

id connect A/S
CVR 39611082
Engager 8
DK – 2605 Brøndbyvester
Denmark

Re: Additional roles on top of Active Directory

Ishara Karunarathna
Hi Jørgen.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:31 AM Jørgen Østergaard <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

We are using an Secure LDAP connection to Active Directory as a user store. We need some additional functionality on top of the existing AD structure, which requires changes in the existing setup / application.

Are there any plans or ideas in adding an additional role layer on top of an existing external connected user store such as ex. Active Directory.

The functionality we look for are intended to make it possible to collect or bundle security groups into a business role in the Identity Server.

If I'm correct, you need to map set of user Groups in the Active Directory to a Role in Identity server. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In the current rode-map we don't have a plan to implement this use case.
But this can be implemented extending the existing Active Directory usestore manger and configure it as a custom userstore.

Regards,
Ishara

Thanks,

Med venlig hilsen / best regards

Jørgen Østergaard
Phone:  +45 5363 6732

id connect A/S
CVR 39611082
Engager 8
DK – 2605 Brøndbyvester
Denmark

Ishara Karunarathna
Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware |  wso2.com

email: [hidden email],   blog: isharaaruna.blogspot.com,   mobile: +94717996791

image001.png (5K) Download Attachment
image001.png (5K) Download Attachment