The WSO2 WSAS & WSO2 Carbon team is pleased to announce the release of
3.0-beta3 of the Open Source WSO2 Web Services Application Server (WSAS).
This release is available for download at . WSAS is based
on revolutionary the WSO2 Carbon  framework, Middleware a la carte'.
Now you can adopt the middleware to suite your enterprise architecture.
All the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.
1. Based on the OSGi based WSO2 Carbon architecture. This is a
unification of all Java based products from WSO2. Now you can have
features from the lightweight super-fast WSO2 ESB & the super-cool WSO2
MashupServer, running on your WSAS instance. You can mix and match the
functionality you require according to requirements of your enterprise.
The middleware can be adopted to your architecture. You could even
extend the middleware by developing your own middleware components.
2. Enhanced admin UI
3. Extensible server admin framework
4. Separable frontend & backend - a single frontend server can be used
to administer several backend servers simultaneously
5. Various bug fixes and enhancements.
How to Run
1. Extract the downloaded zip
2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
4. Point you browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon/ 5. Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password.
6. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the
property -DosgiConsole when starting the server
7. To create client libraries, run "ant" from the bin directory of
the extracted binary
All known issues have been filed here . Please report any issues you
find as JIRA entries.