[Architecture] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0 RC1

[Architecture] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0 RC1

Thishani Lucas
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0.

Source and Binary Distribution Files: https://github.com/wso2/product-ei/releases/tag/v6.4.0-rc1

Please vote as follows:

[+] Stable - Go ahead and release
[-] Broken - Do not release (explain why)

~The WSO2 Integration Team~

--
Thishani Lucas
Software Engineer

Tel: +94 77 2556931

Re: [Architecture] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0 RC1

Dileesha Rajapakse
Hi everyone,

I have tested the RC1 in the following scenarios.
  1.  Tested the following EI Analytics features with embedded H2 and MySQL 5.7.
    1. Overview Dashboard.
    2. Proxy Services Dashboard.
    3. API Dashboard.
    4. Sequence Dashboard.
    5. Endpoint Dashboard.
    6. Inbound Endpoint Dashboard
    7. Mediator Dashboard.
    8. Message Dashboard.
  2. Tested the following in a two-node cluster.
    1. Scheduling Tasks in different time intervals and counts.
    2. Scheduling tasks with cron expressions.
  3. Tested the creation and deployment (as CApps) of the following with tooling.
    1. Proxy service.
    2. API.
    3. Sequence.
    4. REST API.
    5. Inbound Endpoint.
    6. Endpoint.
No issues found.

[+] Stable - Go ahead and release

Regards.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 2:03 PM Thishani Lucas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0.

Source and Binary Distribution Files: https://github.com/wso2/product-ei/releases/tag/v6.4.0-rc1

Please vote as follows:

[+] Stable - Go ahead and release
[-] Broken - Do not release (explain why)

~The WSO2 Integration Team~

--
Thishani Lucas
Software Engineer
WSO2 Lanka (Private) Limited: http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middle-ware

Tel: +94 77 2556931

Dileesha Rajapakse
Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: +94 772555933

Re: [Architecture] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0 RC1

Lahiru Madushanka-2
Hi all,

I have tested the following mediators.
DBLookup
DBReport
Callout
Cache
ForEach
Iterate
Script
Smooks

and

VFS transport
InMemory message store + Message sampling processor
IP based throttling

[+] Stable - Go ahead and release

Thanks,
Lahiru

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:40 AM Shakila Sasikaran <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have tested the following and no issues found.

Core:
Call
Enqueue
Send
Loopback
Sequence
Respond
Drop
Call Template
Enrich
Property
Log
Filter
Out
In
Validate
Switch

Endpoints:
Address Endpoints
LoadBalance Endpoints
Failover Endpoints
HTTP Endpoints
WSDL Endpoints
Indirect and Resolving Endpoints
Default Endpoints
Template Endpoints
Recipient List Endpoints

Inbound Endpoints:
File inbound
JMS inbound

[+] Stable - Go ahead and release

Thanks

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:04 PM, Dileesha Rajapakse <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Shakila Sasikaran
Software Engineer
Mobile :+94 (0) 77 526 6848
WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware

Re: [Architecture] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0 RC1

Malaka Gangananda
Hi All,

I have tested the following,

VFS transport with following scenarios:
VFS transfer with file types  ascii and binary,
VFS absolute path test with sftp server
VFS SFTP server using passphrase protected keys

[+] Stable - go ahead and release.

Thanks,

Malaka.
--
Malaka Gangananda - Software Engineer | WSO2

Re: [Architecture] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0 RC1

tharindue
Reviewed the security scanning reports (static and dynamic) and +1 from the Platform Security Team for proceeding with the release.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 7:10 PM Asanka Abeyweera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I verified the basic functionality of a 2 node message broker cluster using MySQL as the RDBMS.
  • Distributed Queues
  • Multi-node subscription and publisher scenarios
  • Multi-node topic scenarios
[+] Stable - Go ahead and release

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 5:36 PM Nandika Jayawardana <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I verified the following functionality and found no issues.

1. BPMN process execution
2. Human Task execution
3. Micro Integrator execution with Apis, Endpoints, Datamapper in Docker containers
4. EI Tooling -> creating EI artifacts and Importing EI Artifacts.
5. Profile creator tool.
6. EI Analytics

[+] Stable - Go ahead and release

Regards
Nandika

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 11:28 AM, Nirothipan Megalingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have tested the following and found no issues
  • Creating ESB Solution Projects and Templates in EI Tooling.
  • Adding Server/Remote server in tooling and deploying the artifacts.
  • Creating Sample DSS projects.
  • Creating Registry Resource / Connector exporter projects in tooling.
  • Deploying class mediators the server.
  • Deploying sample schedule tasks with Micro Integrator profile.

+1 for the release.

Thanks
Nirothipan

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:23 AM Danushka Madhuranga <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have tested the following,

User interface stability in the management console
Sequence creating editing and deleting using the management console
Mediators (All the mediators) adding editing and deleting using the management console
Endpoints (All the endpoints) creating editing and deleting using the management console

[+] Stable - go ahead and release.

Thanks,

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 9:27 AM, Malaka Gangananda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Best Regards,
Danushka Madhuranga
Software Engineering Intern
Wso2
+94758314057
Image result for wso2

Best Regards,
M.Nirothipan
Software Engineer | WSO2
Mobile: 0094772172692

Nandika Jayawardana
WSO2 Inc ; http://wso2.com

Asanka Abeyweera | Associate Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc.
(M) 94-712228648 | (E) [hidden email] | (T) a5anka

Tharindu Edirisinghe
Associate Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc
Platform Security Team
Blog : http://tharindue.blogspot.com
mobile : +94 775181586

Re: [Architecture] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.4.0 RC1

Asma Jabir
Hi all

We have tested the wso2ei-6.4.0-RC-1 distribution on TestGrid and please find the test results in mail threads [1] and [2].

Subsequent to the execution results, the product team had further tested the failing test cases manually and based on the results they have shared, 5 out of the failed tests are passing, 4 of them are invalid and the rest are due to issues in test cases. A summary of the test results is as follows:

DBlookupMediatorTestCase#dbLookupTestStoredProcedures

Invalid

DBlookupMediatorTestCase#dbLookupMediatorTestWithMultipleResults

Invalid

BPMNRestVariableTestCase#init

Invalid

DBlookupMediatorTestCase#dbLookupTestStoredFunctions

Invalid

HumanTaskXpathExtensionsTest#testNumberFunctions

Passed

HumanTaskXpathExtensionsTest#testStringFunctions

Passed

BPELRPCPartnerInvocationTest#invokeRPCClientProcess

Passed

BpelVersioningTest#checkVersion

Passed

SendIntegrationTestCase#testSendingFailOverEndpoint_Receiving_Sequence_Dynamic_BM

Passed

HttpAccessLogTestCase#init

Test Issue

ContentTypeTestCase#testReturnContentType#data_provider_1

Test Issue

ContentTypeTestCase#testReturnContentType#data_provider_6

Test Issue

BPMNRestDeploymentsTestCase#testGetDeployments

Test Issue

JMSEndpointTestCase#testJMSProxy

Test Issue

ESBJAVA3336HostHeaderValuePortCheckTestCase#setEnvironment

Test Issue

HTTPResponseCodeTestCase#testReturnResponseCode#data_provider_2

Test Issue

SingleServiceGeneratorTestCase#testServiceGeneration

Test Issue

PropertyPersistenceDeletingAndAddingTstCase#testMediationPersistenceDeletingAndAdding

Test Issue

CarbonApplicationReDeploymentTestCase#carReDeploymentTest

Test Issue

BPMNUserSubstitutionTestCase#testAddSubstitute

Test Issue

MultipleServicesGeneratorTestCase#testServiceGeneration

Test Issue

Based on the above observation, TestGrid can proceed with the release vote as,

[+] Stable - Go ahead and release

[1] 'wso2ei-intg' Integration Test Failure! #(19)
[2] 'wso2ei-intg' Integration Test Failure! #(22)

Thank you

Regards
Asma

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Prabushi Samarakoon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I tested the following, and no issues found.
  • Template creation with new template dashboard
  • Mediator project creation
  • Synapse artifacts creation including proxy service, rest API, sequence, local entry, etc.
  • CApp creation
  • Add/ use connectors within the mediation flow
  • Error validation on source view
  • Data mapper diagram view
  • Add WSO2 EI 6.4.0 server and deploy artifacts
[+] Stable - Go ahead and release

Thanks,
Prabushi

Prabushi Samarakoon