BPMN-Explorer can not accessible for tenant

BPMN-Explorer can not accessible for tenant

Kavitha Subramaniyam
Hi all,

Using EI-6.1.1-business-profile.

1. Access the explorer for tenant after configured according to [1], and using the url "https://localhost:9445/t/test.com/jaggeryapps/bpmn-explorer/" is not working. Getting 405.

Anything more needs to be configured?

2. Rest request for tenant user is not valid. Rest API doc[2] doesn't have any details on that.
e.g.

Appreciate any input on this..

Thanks,
Kavitha

Re: BPMN-Explorer can not accessible for tenant

Milinda Perera
Hi Kavitha,

Did you follow "Configuring BPMN Explorer for a tenant account" step in [1] ?

Thanks,
Milinda

--
Milinda Perera
Senior Software Engineer;

Re: BPMN-Explorer can not accessible for tenant

Vinod Kavinda
Hi Kavitha,
I and Milinda had a look at this issue.
For the login issue, please check whether the user "[hidden email]" has the login permission.

For the second query, you are sending your request to the super tenant domain with a tenant user id. If you send the request to the "test.com" tenant URL, it will give the correct response.

Actually, this request should have resulted in an authentication failure. But in the code level, we have not considered the tenant domain in the request URL. It's better to improve this authentication logic. Please report an issue for tracking.

Thanks,
Vinod

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 9:01 AM Kavitha Subramaniyam <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Senior Software Engineer
Mobile : <a href="javascript:void(0);" value="+94773451194" style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">+94 (0) 712 415544
http://wso2.com/signature

Re: BPMN-Explorer can not accessible for tenant

Kavitha Subramaniyam
Hi Vinod/Milinda,

For the login issue, please check whether the user "[hidden email]" has the login permission.
Issue I faced is, accessing tenant's bpmn explorer is not working after done configurations.

Note that I need to test for tenant admin user, so I believe no need to update the permissions for tenant admin like as super admin user can log in.

For the second query, you are sending your request to the super tenant domain with a tenant user id. If you send the request to the "test.com" tenant URL, it will give the correct response.
I have tried this as below (modified Rest url for tenant), but not sure the url is correct, anyhow it was given 405 Error

Actually, this request should have resulted in an authentication failure. But in the code level, we have not considered the tenant domain in the request URL. It's better to improve this authentication logic. Please report an issue for tracking.
Issue has been created[1] to track this improvement

Thanks,
Kavitha

Re: BPMN-Explorer can not accessible for tenant

Milinda Perera
Hi Kavitha

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Kavitha Subramaniyam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Vinod/Milinda,

For the login issue, please check whether the user "[hidden email]" has the login permission.
Issue I faced is, accessing tenant's bpmn explorer is not working after done configurations.

Note that I need to test for tenant admin user, so I believe no need to update the permissions for tenant admin like as super admin user can log in.

Do you see any error logs in the console?

Thanks,
Milinda

--
Milinda Perera
Senior Software Engineer;

Re: BPMN-Explorer can not accessible for tenant

Kavitha Subramaniyam
Hi,

This issue occurred because the bpmn-explorer has been copied to 'business-process/repository/deployment/server/jaggeryapps/' after tenant modification, according to doc description in [1].
But it should be copied to 'business-process/repository/tenants/<id>/jaggeryapps/' instead.

Thanks Milinda to find this.

@Praneesha, please update the doc[1] accordingly?

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Milinda Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Did that solved all the issues you encountered?
Just curious!

/Vinod

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 2:08 PM Kavitha Subramaniyam <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Not all actually.
I can now login to tenant domain bpmn explorer.(resolved)

Rest API call for tenant using rest url:https://localhost:9445/bpmn/runtime/process-instances, returns all the values(see attached). Seems authentication logic is not valid. This is already raised in above git issue.

Thanks,