Can Carbon work well on JRE(client JVM) also?

Can Carbon work well on JRE(client JVM) also?

Takahiro OGAWA
Hi All.

I am trying to evaluate WSAS to replace tomcat and axis2.

But We have a small problem(question) about WSO2 carbon.

Carbon requires JDK (because Carbon is started on server JVM in
"wso2server.bat"),
 but we want to operate Carbon on JRE.

Recently, tomcat does not require JDK (after v5.5),
 so our product requires only JRE now.
If we decides to replace tomcat with Carbon,
we have to introduce JDK for our customer...
(It is acceptable, if necessary, I think.)

Can we operate Carbon (WSAS) on JRE by editing "wso2server.bat"?

Is there any problem?
(Except for its perfomandce problem, since server JVM is tuned for
heavy applicaions, I know.)

Best Regards.
----
Takahiro OGAWA <ogawa(at)brainsellers.com>
<http://www.brainsellers.com/>

Re: Can Carbon work well on JRE(client JVM) also?

Afkham Azeez-2
AFAIK, server JDK is available with the JRE as well and WSAS can run
with the JRE as long as you do not use developer features like code
genration using the facilities in the mgt console.

Thanks
Azeez

Takahiro OGAWA wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I am trying to evaluate WSAS to replace tomcat and axis2.
>
> But We have a small problem(question) about WSO2 carbon.
>
> Carbon requires JDK (because Carbon is started on server JVM in
> "wso2server.bat"),
>  but we want to operate Carbon on JRE.
>
> Recently, tomcat does not require JDK (after v5.5),
>  so our product requires only JRE now.
> If we decides to replace tomcat with Carbon,
> we have to introduce JDK for our customer...
> (It is acceptable, if necessary, I think.)
>
> Can we operate Carbon (WSAS) on JRE by editing "wso2server.bat"?
>
> Is there any problem?
> (Except for its perfomandce problem, since server JVM is tuned for
> heavy applicaions, I know.)
>
> Best Regards.
> ----
> Takahiro OGAWA <ogawa(at)brainsellers.com>
> <http://www.brainsellers.com/>

Re: Can Carbon work well on JRE(client JVM) also?

Takahiro OGAWA
Hi Afkham.

Thank you for your frank answer.

Probably, it is possible to operate Carbon on JRE,
but it depends on our usage...

Then, we can test our product with Carbon on JRE.
(and we have to test it before we introduce them to our customers..)

Thanks.

Afkham Azeez wrote:

> AFAIK, server JDK is available with the JRE as well and WSAS can run
> with the JRE as long as you do not use developer features like code
> genration using the facilities in the mgt console.
>
> Thanks
> Azeez
>

> Takahiro OGAWA wrote:
>> Hi All.
>>
>> I am trying to evaluate WSAS to replace tomcat and axis2.
>>
>> But We have a small problem(question) about WSO2 carbon.
>>
>> Carbon requires JDK (because Carbon is started on server JVM in
>> "wso2server.bat"),
>>  but we want to operate Carbon on JRE.
>>
>> Recently, tomcat does not require JDK (after v5.5),
>>  so our product requires only JRE now.
>> If we decides to replace tomcat with Carbon,
>> we have to introduce JDK for our customer...
>> (It is acceptable, if necessary, I think.)
>>
>> Can we operate Carbon (WSAS) on JRE by editing "wso2server.bat"?
>>
>> Is there any problem?
>> (Except for its perfomandce problem, since server JVM is tuned for
>> heavy applicaions, I know.)
>>
>> Best Regards.
>> ----
>> Takahiro OGAWA <ogawa(at)brainsellers.com>
>> <http://www.brainsellers.com/>

Re: Can Carbon work well on JRE(client JVM) also?

Afkham Azeez
Yes, Carbon can run on the JRE. We use the -server JVM flag to get
optimal performance for a server environment. If you are testing on a
client JVM, please remove the -server flag from the wso2server.sh/.bat
files.

Thanks
Azeez

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Takahiro OGAWA <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Afkham.
>
> Thank you for your frank answer.
>
> Probably, it is possible to operate Carbon on JRE,
> but it depends on our usage...
>
> Then, we can test our product with Carbon on JRE.
> (and we have to test it before we introduce them to our customers..)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Afkham Azeez wrote:
>> AFAIK, server JDK is available with the JRE as well and WSAS can run
>> with the JRE as long as you do not use developer features like code
>> genration using the facilities in the mgt console.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Azeez
>>

>> Takahiro OGAWA wrote:
>>> Hi All.
>>>
>>> I am trying to evaluate WSAS to replace tomcat and axis2.
>>>
>>> But We have a small problem(question) about WSO2 carbon.
>>>
>>> Carbon requires JDK (because Carbon is started on server JVM in
>>> "wso2server.bat"),
>>>  but we want to operate Carbon on JRE.
>>>
>>> Recently, tomcat does not require JDK (after v5.5),
>>>  so our product requires only JRE now.
>>> If we decides to replace tomcat with Carbon,
>>> we have to introduce JDK for our customer...
>>> (It is acceptable, if necessary, I think.)
>>>
>>> Can we operate Carbon (WSAS) on JRE by editing "wso2server.bat"?
>>>
>>> Is there any problem?
>>> (Except for its perfomandce problem, since server JVM is tuned for
>>> heavy applicaions, I know.)
>>>
>>> Best Regards.
>>> ----
>>> Takahiro OGAWA <ogawa(at)brainsellers.com>
>>> <http://www.brainsellers.com/>

Afkham Azeez

Blog: http://afkham.org
Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org
WSAS Blog: http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
Company: http://wso2.com
GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9  B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760