Clone and Aggregate

Henrik Plate-2
Hello,

These ones are easy, I guess:

1) Clone
Taken from the clone documentation: "split the message into number of
identical messages all of which are identical with the clonning
message". I wonder what that means in terms of WS-Addressing?
Currently, the cloned messages have different MessageIDs. How should
it be?

2) Aggregate
I'm not able to use the aggregate mediator as described ... when I
copy&paste the sample configuration 400 into the ESB configuration,
the aggregate mediator, anonymously specified in SplitAggregateProxy,
just disappears. It is neither available in the visual mediator
selection.

Thank you for your help, kind regards,
Henrik

Re: Clone and Aggregate

Paul Fremantle-2
Henrik

In the clone model the messages should have new WS-A MessageIDs because
they are effectively new messages.

As for the other bug, we will look into this.

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul

Henrik Plate wrote:

> Hello,
>
> These ones are easy, I guess:
>
> 1) Clone
> Taken from the clone documentation: "split the message into number of
> identical messages all of which are identical with the clonning
> message". I wonder what that means in terms of WS-Addressing?
> Currently, the cloned messages have different MessageIDs. How should
> it be?
>
> 2) Aggregate
> I'm not able to use the aggregate mediator as described ... when I
> copy&paste the sample configuration 400 into the ESB configuration,
> the aggregate mediator, anonymously specified in SplitAggregateProxy,
> just disappears. It is neither available in the visual mediator
> selection.
>
> Thank you for your help, kind regards,
> Henrik

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Office: +1 646 290 8050
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

Re: Clone and Aggregate

asankha
Hi Henrik
> 1) Clone
> Taken from the clone documentation: "split the message into number of
> identical messages all of which are identical with the clonning
> message". I wonder what that means in terms of WS-Addressing?
> Currently, the cloned messages have different MessageIDs. How should
> it be?

This would create new messages - thus the message IDs would be
new/unique for each message.
> 2) Aggregate
> I'm not able to use the aggregate mediator as described ... when I
> copy&paste the sample configuration 400 into the ESB configuration,
> the aggregate mediator, anonymously specified in SplitAggregateProxy,
> just disappears. It is neither available in the visual mediator
> selection.

This was listed under the known issues and limitations of the WSO2 ESB
1.5 and we will be working on implementing the UI aspect for this rather
soon. However, the functionality/code is available with the release and
you should be able to use the mediator through the advanced
configuration edit mode (i.e. raw XML) without using the UI

Ruwan, do we have a JIRA for the aggregator UI completion? if not could
you add one so that we could consider it for 1.6?

asankha

Re: Clone and Aggregate

Ruwan Linton-3
Hi Henrik,

> In the clone model the messages should have new WS-A MessageIDs because
> they are effectively new messages.
>
> As for the other bug, we will look into this.
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> Paul
>
> Henrik Plate wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> These ones are easy, I guess:
>>
>> 1) Clone
>> Taken from the clone documentation: "split the message into number of
>> identical messages all of which are identical with the clonning
>> message". I wonder what that means in terms of WS-Addressing?
>> Currently, the cloned messages have different MessageIDs. How should
>> it be?
>>
>> 2) Aggregate
>> I'm not able to use the aggregate mediator as described ... when I
>> copy&paste the sample configuration 400 into the ESB configuration,
>> the aggregate mediator, anonymously specified in SplitAggregateProxy,
>> just disappears. It is neither available in the visual mediator
>> selection.

ESB does not have a custom UI for the aggregator, can you look at the
advanced configuration tab, you will be able to see that there in the raw
xml format. I will add the aggregator UI soon.

Thanks for the information,
Ruwan

>> Thank you for your help, kind regards,
>> Henrik

> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> Office: +1 646 290 8050
> Cell: +44 798 447 4618
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

> 269.16.4/1146 - Release Date: 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

Re: Clone and Aggregate

Henrik Plate-2
Hi Ruwan and Asankha,

I guess you both mean the "Configuration" option in the management
console which allows to manually edit the complete synapse
configuration in XML. If I copy&paste the example configuration 400
into this textarea and press update or save (and restart), the out
sequence

            <outSequence>
                <aggregate>
                    <onComplete expression="//m0:getQuoteResponse"
                                xmlns:m0="http://services.samples/xsd">
                        <send/>
                    </onComplete>
                    <invalidate>
                        <log level="full"/>
                        <drop/>
                    </invalidate>
                </aggregate>
            </outSequence>

is replaced by

            <syn:outSequence/>

But perhaps this is still not the "advanced configuration edit mode
(i.e. raw XML) without using the UI", mentioned by Asankha? Or do I
need to ignore this replacement, assuming that it'll work (and remain)
somewhere internally?

Kind regards,
Henrik

Re: Clone and Aggregate

Ruwan Linton-3
Hi Henrik,

Thanks for this valuable info. Find my comments inline.

> I guess you both mean the "Configuration" option in the management
> console which allows to manually edit the complete synapse
> configuration in XML.

Yes. It is Henric.

 If I copy&paste the example configuration 400

> into this textarea and press update or save (and restart), the out
> sequence
>
>            <outSequence>
>                <aggregate>
>                    <onComplete expression="//m0:getQuoteResponse"
>                                xmlns:m0="http://services.samples/xsd">
>                        <send/>
>                    </onComplete>
>                    <invalidate>
>                        <log level="full"/>
>                        <drop/>
>                    </invalidate>
>                </aggregate>
>            </outSequence>
>
> is replaced by
>
>            <syn:outSequence/>
>
> But perhaps this is still not the "advanced configuration edit mode
> (i.e. raw XML) without using the UI", mentioned by Asankha? Or do I
> need to ignore this replacement, assuming that it'll work (and remain)
> somewhere internally?

Yes, Henric. If the actual file that is, synapse.xml resides in the
webapp/WEB-INF/classes/conf/ folder contains the correct configuration right
after pasting the sample 400 xml and save it through the Configuration tab.
Then you have the aggregator inplace, even though the console does not show
it. I will look in to this ASAP and add the UI part for this.

BTW: there is a known issue (got to know after the release) in the sample
client which limits the testing of the sample 400. I will fix that as well.
I will let you know once I am done with these. You may check the
functionality through synapse-1.1 distribution till I resolve the UI issues
and the sample client issue. Sample 400 works out of the box on Synapse-1.1.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Ruwan

> Kind regards,
> Henrik

> 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

Re: Clone and Aggregate

Ruwan Linton-3
Hi Henrik,

I had a quick look in to the issues and was able to figure out the aggregate
serialization issue. I have fixed that on Synapse. Then I had a look in to
the client issue that I have explined in the earlier mail and was able to
figure it out and fix that.

Now the sample 400 is working with the sample client on ESB and Aggregator
will show up on the Configuration tab in the raw xml format. I will add a UI
to the aggregate mediator on tomorrow.

PS: You may have to wait till tomorrow to get the nightly build. If not you
can build synapse first and then ESB by your own at any time.

Thanks,
Ruwan

> Thanks for this valuable info. Find my comments inline.

Henrik,

I have added the custom UI for the aggregate mediator in to the ESB truk.
You can use the aggregate UI on the tomorow nightly build.

Thanks,
Ruwan

> I had a quick look in to the issues and was able to figure out the
> aggregate serialization issue. I have fixed that on Synapse. Then I had a
> look in to the client issue that I have explined in the earlier mail and
> was able to figure it out and fix that.
>
> Now the sample 400 is working with the sample client on ESB and Aggregator
> will show up on the Configuration tab in the raw xml format. I will add a
> UI to the aggregate mediator on tomorrow.
>
> PS: You may have to wait till tomorrow to get the nightly build. If not
> you can build synapse first and then ESB by your own at any time.
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan

The nightly build is not available: Calling

    http://ww2.wso2.org/~builder/wso2esb/wso2-esb-java-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

results in HTTP 404. I tried it already several days ago and it still
does not work.

Regards,
Henrik

On Nov 25, 2007 5:09 AM, Ruwan Linton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Henrik,
>
> I have added the custom UI for the aggregate mediator in to the ESB truk.
> You can use the aggregate UI on the tomorow nightly build.
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>

> > I had a quick look in to the issues and was able to figure out the
> > aggregate serialization issue. I have fixed that on Synapse. Then I had a
> > look in to the client issue that I have explined in the earlier mail and
> > was able to figure it out and fix that.
> >
> > Now the sample 400 is working with the sample client on ESB and Aggregator
> > will show up on the Configuration tab in the raw xml format. I will add a
> > UI to the aggregate mediator on tomorrow.
> >
> > PS: You may have to wait till tomorrow to get the nightly build. If not
> > you can build synapse first and then ESB by your own at any time.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruwan

Sanjiva Weerawarana-2
Ruwan, can we fix the nightly build system to send a daily note to the list??

Also, Jonathan has a mashup that checks the nightly builds .. maybe we can
run that somewhere as a way to check nightly build freshness.

Sanjiva.

Henrik Plate wrote:

> Hi Ruwan,
>
> The nightly build is not available: Calling
>
>     http://ww2.wso2.org/~builder/wso2esb/wso2-esb-java-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
>
> results in HTTP 404. I tried it already several days ago and it still
> does not work.
>
> Regards,
> Henrik
>
> On Nov 25, 2007 5:09 AM, Ruwan Linton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Henrik,
>>
>> I have added the custom UI for the aggregate mediator in to the ESB truk.
>> You can use the aggregate UI on the tomorow nightly build.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ruwan
>>

>>> I had a quick look in to the issues and was able to figure out the
>>> aggregate serialization issue. I have fixed that on Synapse. Then I had a
>>> look in to the client issue that I have explined in the earlier mail and
>>> was able to figure it out and fix that.
>>>
>>> Now the sample 400 is working with the sample client on ESB and Aggregator
>>> will show up on the Configuration tab in the raw xml format. I will add a
>>> UI to the aggregate mediator on tomorrow.
>>>
>>> PS: You may have to wait till tomorrow to get the nightly build. If not
>>> you can build synapse first and then ESB by your own at any time.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ruwan

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
email: [hidden email]; cell: +1 650 265 8311 | +94 77 787 6880

"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."

Re: Clone and Aggregate

Evanthika Amarasiri
Hi Henrik,

          Please try http://ww2.wso2.org/~builder/wso2esb/wso2-esb-java-1.6-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip. I'm afraid the name of the distribution has been changed from wso2-esb-java-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip to wso2-esb-java-1.6-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip.

Thanks,
Evanthika.

Henrik Plate wrote:
[...]

I am afraid, the link is just this;

http://ww2.wso2.org/~builder/wso2esb/

and the current nightly build is 1.6-SNAPSHOT
(http://ww2.wso2.org/~builder/wso2esb/wso2-esb-java-1.6-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip)

Thanks,
Ruwan
> The nightly build is not available: Calling
>
>    http://ww2.wso2.org/~builder/wso2esb/wso2-esb-java-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
>
> results in HTTP 404. I tried it already several days ago and it still
> does not work.
>
> Regards,
> Henrik
>
> On Nov 25, 2007 5:09 AM, Ruwan Linton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Henrik,
>>
>> I have added the custom UI for the aggregate mediator in to the ESB truk.
>> You can use the aggregate UI on the tomorow nightly build.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ruwan
>>

>> > I had a quick look in to the issues and was able to figure out the
>> > aggregate serialization issue. I have fixed that on Synapse. Then I had
>> > look in to the client issue that I have explined in the earlier mail
>> > and
>> > was able to figure it out and fix that.
>> >
>> > Now the sample 400 is working with the sample client on ESB and
>> > Aggregator
>> > will show up on the Configuration tab in the raw xml format. I will add
>> > UI to the aggregate mediator on tomorrow.
>> >
>> > PS: You may have to wait till tomorrow to get the nightly build. If not
>> > you can build synapse first and then ESB by your own at any time.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Ruwan

Re: Clone and Aggregate

Ruwan Linton-3
Yes Sanjiva,

We do have that mail comming into the list already with the subject prefix
[esb-build]

Due to an error in the ww2.wso2.org server that cron job had failed last few
days and I fixed that yesterday.

Now the conditions are normal.

Thanks,
Ruwan