Compiling the Source

Rodolfo Rieckhof
Hello,
i don't know if here is the right place to post this question, but since i don't get any feedback at the forum i thought, i will give it a try.
I am really confused about building the source i have downloaded it and when but when i execute "maven clean install" i got error messages, so i looked in the forum and found a post that said i mus first compile carbon and the governance trunk in order to compile the registry source. So i did that (mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true) and it worked, but i still cant do "mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true" at the registry trunk, i get an error that says, i missing a file. What i am doing wrong? Which is the wright order to compile the source? and where do i have do the  "mvn deploy" in order to get the zip file with the registry ?

i have downloaded

and done a "mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true" in all of them in the shown order but the registry, because there i get errors that i am still missing a file. why? Could it be because i downloades the the registry a week later than the rest?

Thanks in advanced
Rodo

Re: Compiling the Source

Paul Fremantle-2
Rodo

This is the right place to ask!

We are just in the last stages of release, so it may be that the dev team has been a little heads down. I'll make sure you get clear build instructions and that we also include these before the release.

Thanks
Paul

2009/6/26 Rodolfo Rieckhof <[hidden email]>
[...]

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
VP, Apache Synapse

Office: +44 844 484 8143
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

Re: Compiling the Source

Lahiru Gunathilake
Hi Rodolfo,

I prefer you to run the build.sh if you are on Linux(skip tests like this -$sh build.sh -ts) to build complete carbon-platform[1] and then please check out governance trunk[2] and build it using mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true. If you are a windows user please build carbon-platform in this order, axis2,transport,wss4j,commons/eventing,rampart,sandesha,savan,p2,carbon-orbit, carbon and carbon-components (when you build carbon-components please use following command : mvn clean install -Dproduct=greg -Dmaven.test.skip=true) and then governance trunk[2].

[1] https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/branches/carbon-platform/2.0
[2] https://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/solutions/governance

Regards
Lahiru

[...]

Software Engineer - WSO2 Inc.

Re: Compiling the Source

Glen Daniels-3
Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
> I prefer you to run the build.sh if you are on Linux(skip tests like
> this -$sh build.sh -ts) to build complete carbon-platform[1] and then
> please check out governance trunk[2] and build it using mvn clean
> install -Dmaven.test.skip=true. If you are a windows user please build
> carbon-platform in this order,
> axis2,transport,wss4j,commons/eventing,rampart,sandesha,savan,p2,carbon-orbit,
> carbon and carbon-components (when you build carbon-components please
> use following command : mvn clean install -Dproduct=greg
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true) and then governance trunk[2].

Do source users seriously HAVE to build all the dependencies manually?  Why
aren't these things just available in a WSO2 snapshot repository?

Also, why -Dproduct=greg for carbon-components?

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: Compiling the Source

Paul Fremantle-2
Glen

AFAIK the dependencies are changing a lot right now, hence the need to
build.

Paul

Glen Daniels wrote:

> Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
>> I prefer you to run the build.sh if you are on Linux(skip tests like
>> this -$sh build.sh -ts) to build complete carbon-platform[1] and then
>> please check out governance trunk[2] and build it using mvn clean
>> install -Dmaven.test.skip=true. If you are a windows user please build
>> carbon-platform in this order,
>> axis2,transport,wss4j,commons/eventing,rampart,sandesha,savan,p2,carbon-orbit,
>> carbon and carbon-components (when you build carbon-components please
>> use following command : mvn clean install -Dproduct=greg
>> -Dmaven.test.skip=true) and then governance trunk[2].
>
> Do source users seriously HAVE to build all the dependencies manually?  Why
> aren't these things just available in a WSO2 snapshot repository?
>
> Also, why -Dproduct=greg for carbon-components?
>
> Thanks,
> --Glen

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
VP, Apache Synapse

Office: +44 844 484 8143
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

Re: Compiling the Source

Senaka Fernando
Hi Glen,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Paul Fremantle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Glen

AFAIK the dependencies are changing a lot right now, hence the need to
build.

Yes, this why we require users to build most of the dependencies.

-Dproduct=greg for carbon-components was introduced to speed-up the building process for someone who only wants to build G-Reg related carbon components, since he'd not require the rest.

Regards,
Senaka

Paul

Glen Daniels wrote:
> Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
>> I prefer you to run the build.sh if you are on Linux(skip tests like
>> this -$sh build.sh -ts) to build complete carbon-platform[1] and then
>> please check out governance trunk[2] and build it using mvn clean
>> install -Dmaven.test.skip=true. If you are a windows user please build
>> carbon-platform in this order,
>> axis2,transport,wss4j,commons/eventing,rampart,sandesha,savan,p2,carbon-orbit,
>> carbon and carbon-components (when you build carbon-components please
>> use following command : mvn clean install -Dproduct=greg
>> -Dmaven.test.skip=true) and then governance trunk[2].
>
> Do source users seriously HAVE to build all the dependencies manually?  Why
> aren't these things just available in a WSO2 snapshot repository?
>
> Also, why -Dproduct=greg for carbon-components?
>
> Thanks,
> --Glen

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
VP, Apache Synapse

Office: +44 844 484 8143
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

Re: Compiling the Source

Senaka Fernando
Hi Rodolfo,

I believe that Lahiru has explained in detail, the order in which you need to build various dependencies required by WSO2 Governance Registry. Once done, you should find the binary and documentation distributions in {governance-trunk}/modules/distribution/target.

Regarding your question on why doesn't the registry trunk build; we have moved from registry trunk [1], to the governance trunk, [2], which is the new home for the WSO2 Registry. The old svn location, [1] has been abandoned, and is not compliant with the latest changes to the carbon platform. Also, from this release onwards WSO2 Registry will be known as WSO2 Governance Registry (or WSO2 G-Reg).

[1] https://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/registry

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

thanks for the fast answer, it all to worked fine in windows, but in ubuntu for some reason the build.sh did not worked, i  got the following error
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: Warning: Could not find file /home/rodolfo/WSO2Registry/Carbon2.0/axis2/modules/addressing/target/addressing-1.5.mar to copy.

Now i have another question. I got 2 zip folder in repo\carbon\distribution\target one of them is the source and the otherone the binary i guess. How do i mix them with the jars i got from building the governance trunk in order to run the registry?

Thanks
Rodolfo

2009/6/26 Lahiru Gunathilake <[hidden email]>
[...]

Afkham Azeez-2
You need to use Maven 2.1.0 or a higher version.

Azeez

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Rodolfo Rieckhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Afkham Azeez
[hidden email]
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com
Blog: http://afkham.org

Re: Compiling the Source

Senaka Fernando
Hi Rodolfo,

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Rodolfo Rieckhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
thanks for the fast answer, it all to worked fine in windows, but in ubuntu for some reason the build.sh did not worked, i  got the following error
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: Warning: Could not find file /home/rodolfo/WSO2Registry/Carbon2.0/axis2/modules/addressing/target/addressing-1.5.mar to copy.

Azeez answered this one.

Now i have another question. I got 2 zip folder in repo\carbon\distribution\target one of them is the source and the otherone the binary i guess. How do i mix them with the jars i got from building the governance trunk in order to run the registry?

Once you build the governance trunk, you will get 2 zip files in {governance-trunk}/modules/
distribution/target, as I pointed out before. You need nothing else but the wso2greg-3.0.0.SNAPSHOT.zip to run G-Reg. Everything that you build (all the required jars), are bundled into this. The documentation (still we are at a primitive stage), is found in wso2greg-3.0.0.SNAPSHOT-docs.zip.

Regards,
Senaka

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Glen Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
> I prefer you to run the build.sh if you are on Linux(skip tests like
> this -$sh build.sh -ts) to build complete carbon-platform[1] and then
> please check out governance trunk[2] and build it using mvn clean
> install -Dmaven.test.skip=true. If you are a windows user please build
> carbon-platform in this order,
> axis2,transport,wss4j,commons/eventing,rampart,sandesha,savan,p2,carbon-orbit,
> carbon and carbon-components (when you build carbon-components please
> use following command : mvn clean install -Dproduct=greg
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true) and then governance trunk[2].

Do source users seriously HAVE to build all the dependencies manually?  Why
aren't these things just available in a WSO2 snapshot repository?

Also, why -Dproduct=greg for carbon-components?
This is it build carbon-components which required in Governance Registry. There are lot of components which is not using Governance Registry (Ex: mediators) which takes time to build. So this is the easy way to build components.

Lahiru

Thanks,
--Glen

Lahiru Gunathilake