[Dev] [ANN] WSO2 Identity Server 4.6.0 released

[Dev] [ANN] WSO2 Identity Server 4.6.0 released

Johann Nallathamby

The WSO2 Identity Server 4.6.0 Released!

The WSO2 Identity Server team is pleased to announce the release of version 4.6.0 of the WSO2 Identity Server (IS).

WSO2 Identity Server is an open source Identity and Entitlement management server having support for SAML, OpenID, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SCIM, XACML and heterogeneous user stores. WSO2 Identity Server is developed on top of the revolutionary WSO2 Carbon platform, an OSGi based framework that provides seamless modularity to your SOA via componentization. All the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.

You can download this distribution from http://wso2.com/products/identity-server/.

The online documentation is available at http://docs.wso2.org/wiki/display/IS460/WSO2+Identity+Server+Documentation.

How to Run

  1. Extract the downloaded zip

  2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder

  3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate

  4. Point your browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon

  5. Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password to login as an admin

  6. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the property -DosgiConsole when starting the server. The INSTALL.txt file found on the installation directory will give you a comprehensive set of options and properties that can be passed into the startup script

New Features In This Release

  • [IDENTITY-1986] Identity Provider (IdP) Initiated SAML2 Web Single Sign On (SSO).

Key Features of WSO2 Identity Server

  • Entitlement Engine with XACML 3.0/2.0 and WS-XACML support.

  • OAuth Authorization Server with OAuth 2.0/1.0a support.

  • Identity Provisioning with SCIM 1.1.

  • SAML 2.0 Web Browser SSO Identity Provider.

  • OpenID 2.0 OpenID Provider.

  • Claim based Security Token Service(STS) with SAML 2.0/1.1 support.

  • Support for various types of User Stores such as JDBC, Cassandra, LDAP, Active Directory in Read/Write mode.

  • Integrated Windows Authentication and webSEAL authentication.

  • XMPP based multi-factor authentication.

  • Improved User Management.

  • Claim Management.

  • User Profiles and Profile Management.

  • XKMS.

  • Separable front-end and back-end - a single front-end server can be used to administer several back-end servers.

Improvements and Tasks Completed in This Release

This release of WSO2 Identity Server comes with a number of improvements and tasks completed, both in the base Carbon framework and in the Identity Server specific components. All the improvements and tasks which have been done for this release can be found at:

Issues Fixed in This Release

This release of WSO2 Identity Server comes with a number of bug fixes, both in the base Carbon framework and in the Identity Server specific components. All the issues which have been fixed in this release can be found at:

Known Issues

All the known issues in WSO2 Identity Server 4.6.0 are reported at:

How You Can Contribute

Mailing Lists

Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.

Reporting Issues

We encourage you to report issues, documentation faults and feature requests regarding WSO2 Identity Server or in the Carbon base framework through the public WSO2 Identity Server JIRA or Carbon JIRA.

Discussion Forums

Alternatively, questions could be raised in stackoverflow.com.

We are committed to ensuring that your enterprise middleware deployment is completely supported from evaluation to production. Our unique approach ensures that all support leverages our open development methodology and is provided by the very same engineers who build the technology.

For more details and to take advantage of this unique opportunity please visit http://wso2.com/support.

For more information about WSO2 Identity Server, please see http://wso2.com/products/identity-server or visit the WSO2 Oxygen Tank developer portal for addition resources.

-- The WSO2 Identity Server Team --

Thanks & Regards,