[EI] Cant search dynamic endpoints

Godwin Amila Shrimal
Hi Devs,

Searching endpoint is not working in EI-6.1.1.

Thanks
Godwin

--
Godwin Amila Shrimal
Associate Technical Lead

mobile: +94772264165

Re: [EI] Cant search dynamic endpoints

Shazni Nazeer
Godwin,

Do you mean regular endpoints or dynamic endpoints? Regular endpoint searches are working fine. Since dynamic endpoints are mere registry resources you can search for it in the 'search' option under the 'browse' section. However, it seems that needs the entire endpoint name match.  It would be nice id a search option is available in the dynamic endpoint tab as well. that would be really handy when you have many such endpoints.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 6:28 AM, Godwin Shrimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Devs,

Searching endpoint is not working in EI-6.1.1.

Thanks
Godwin

--
Godwin Amila Shrimal
Associate Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

mobile: +94772264165

Re: [EI] Cant search dynamic endpoints

Godwin Amila Shrimal
Hi Shazni,

I am referring dynamic endpoints. Yeah, we can search under the registry. But I think its something important to have that search feature in the same place we perform adding/editing etc endpoints. Adding/Editing from one place and searching in an another place is not good for usability. As you mentioned its really handy when we have many no of endpoints in the system.

Thanks
Godwin

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Shazni Nazeer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Integration Team,

Hi Integration Team,

I think we have a problem in the UI as well. Tabs name are as "Defined Endpoints", "Dynamic Endpoints", "Add Endpoints". We have an one dedicated tab for "Dynamic Endpoints" other tab says "Defined Endpoints", but we are only showing static endpoints. "Defined Endpoint" give a perception it shows all the endpoints. So I propose solutions below.

Solution 1. Change "Defined Endpoints" name such as "Static Endpoints" (Not sure this is the right word, lets discuss). In that tab only shows the Static endpoint and allow to search static endpoints as now. Then add a search facility under Dynamic Endpoints and it'll search dynamic endpoints.

Solution 2. Show all the endpoints including dynamic endpoints under "Defined Endpoints" and allow to search them. Under "Dynamic Endpoint", it'll show only dynamic endpoint as now add searching feature to only search dynamic endpoints.

WDYT ?

Inline image 2

Godwin
Thanks

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Godwin Shrimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Any feedback on this? I think it's important to have a search feature for Dynamic endpoints otherwise its hard to search for a specific endpoint.

Thanks
Godwin