[EI-DSS] Check backend latency when use local transport

[EI-DSS] Check backend latency when use local transport

Godwin Shrimal
Hi Devs,

I have a proxy service which calls the DSS over local transport, I want to check the backend latency of DB calls. Since this is local transport we cannot use JMX (AFAIK Its anyway not giving endpoint wise stats). What is the best way to get this?

Thanks
Godwin

--
Godwin Amila Shrimal
Associate Technical Lead

mobile: +94772264165

Re: [EI-DSS] Check backend latency when use local transport

Madhawa Gunasekara-2
Hi Godwin,

We can use log4jdbc to check the backend latency of DB Calls. [1]

What you have to do is

1) download the log4jdbc jar and paste into the lib folder.
2) modify the log4j.properties file with your preferences :
log4j.logger.jdbc.sqltiming=INFO
3) change the integrator.sh file to pass the system properties, you have to specify the driver class in that property
    -Dlog4jdbc.drivers=<driverclass>[,<driverclass>...]
4) change the datasource configurations as mentioned in the documentation.
  • JDBC Driver from com.mysql.jdbc.Driver to net.sf.log4jdbc.DriverSpy
  • MySQL JDBC Connection string changed from jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test to jdbc:log4jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Godwin Shrimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Devs,

I have a proxy service which calls the DSS over local transport, I want to check the backend latency of DB calls. Since this is local transport we cannot use JMX (AFAIK Its anyway not giving endpoint wise stats). What is the best way to get this?

Thanks
Godwin

--
Godwin Amila Shrimal
Associate Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

mobile: +94772264165

--
Madhawa Gunasekara
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

mobile:

Re: [EI-DSS] Check backend latency when use local transport

Vijitha Ekanayake
Hi Godwin,

In the EI-Analytics dashboard, we do have an endpoint latency time graph which provides the maximum, average and minimum latencies for a given endpoint(Backend) for a given period of time. But you need to specify names for endpoints in the EI configurations to select it from the graph.

First, from your synapse configuration you need to specify the names for Endpoints. If you already have named endpoints you should be able to get latencies via EI Analytics.

Example EP with the name:

<endpoint name="testEP">
         <address uri="http://localhost:8280/services/echo?wsdl"/>
 </endpoint>