Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Henrik Plate-2
Hello,

During the clarification of a problem with the clone mediator in
[hidden email] (see thread
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=13289579&framed=y), I
came across a problem related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE.

Please help me resolving this issue as I hope this is also the reason
for the clone mediator problem (which is basically that sequence
mediators used as clone target sequences are not properly loaded, I
also attached the DEBUG messages for the clone mediator invocation at
the bottom).

Using ESB release 1.5, I get the following exception(s) I get when
launching ".\wso2-esb.bat":

    [main] ERROR SchemaUpdate could not get database metadata
    java.sql.SQLException: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE:
XJ041, SQLERRMC: Failed to create database
'../../../../database/WSO2ESB_DATABASE', see the next exception for
details.::SQLSTATE: XBM0JD
    irectory C:\Programs\WSO2ES~1.5\bin\..\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\conf\C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\database\WSO2ESB_DATABASE
already exists.
            at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
            at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
            at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:154)
            at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnection(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:110)
            at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SuppliedConnectionProviderConnectionHelper.prepare(SuppliedConnectionProviderConnectionHelper.java:27)
            at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:127)

and

    [main] ERROR SchemaUpdate could not complete schema update
    java.sql.SQLException: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE:
XJ041, SQLERRMC: Failed to create database
'../../../../database/WSO2ESB_DATABASE', see the next exception for
details.::SQLSTATE: XBM0JD
    irectory C:\Programs\WSO2ES~1.5\bin\..\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\conf\C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\database\WSO2ESB_DATABASE
already exists.
            at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

When I click on a folder in the integrated registry, I get:

    [http-9443-Processor2] ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter DERBY SQL
error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ041, SQLERRMC: Failed to create
database '../../../..
    /database/WSO2ESB_DATABASE', see the next exception for
details.::SQLSTATE: XBM0JDirectory
C:\Programs\WSO2ES~1.5\bin\..\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\conf\C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\database\WSO2ESB_DATABASE
    lready exists.
    [http-9443-Processor2] ERROR RPCMessageReceiver Exception occurred
while trying to invoke service method getRegistryEntry

Thank you for your help, kind regards,
Henrik
________________________________

Log messages when calling the clone mediator:

    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Proxy
Service MFProxy received a new message from : 127.0.0.1
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Message To:
/soap/MFProxy
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver SOAPAction:
http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver WSA-Action:
http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Setting the
fault-sequence to : org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediat
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Using
sequence named : MFSeq for incoming message mediation
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <MFSeq>
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence
<SequenceMediator> :: mediate()
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
    [HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
resource with key : MOD1
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator End : Clone mediator
    [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator End : Sequence <MFSeq>

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Ruwan Linton-3
Henrik,

I have tried to reproduce this but was unable to.

I guess this issue is due to an existence of DB files on the ESB
installation folder.
(C:\Programs\WSO2ES~1.5\bin\..\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\conf\C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\database\WSO2ESB_DATABASE
already exists. )

Can you delete the Distribution and re-extract the 1.5-bin.zip and see
whether you are getting this error. If not this is a permission issue.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Henrik Plate wrote:

> [...]
> http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Setting the
> fault-sequence to : org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediat
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Using
> sequence named : MFSeq for incoming message mediation
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <MFSeq>
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence
> <SequenceMediator> :: mediate()
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
>     [HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
> resource with key : MOD1
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator End : Clone mediator
>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator End : Sequence <MFSeq>

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Hi Ruwan,

Re-installing ESB resolved the DB issue. However, it does not resolve
the mediator problem. Back to the old problem then :-)

BTW, should we continue this or the old thread?

My current configuration (attached below) is as follows: The clone
mediator uses (a) the mediation sequence MOD1 and (b) a WSDL endpoint
as target (the latter works when being directly called).

Calling the mediator sequence MFSeq (which contains the clone)
produces the following log:

org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediator@5b84b
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Using sequence
named : MFSeq for incoming message mediation
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <MFSeq>
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence
<SequenceMediator> :: mediate()
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
[HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
resource with key : MOD1
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
[HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
resource with key :
[HttpServerWorker-1] ERROR ServerWorker Error processing POST request
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character 'E'
(code 69) in prolog; expected '<'
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
        at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:417)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:283)
        at org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.ServerWorker.processPost(ServerWorker.java:218)
        at org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.ServerWorker.run(ServerWorker.java:182)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.OMException:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character 'E'
(code 69) in prolog; expected '<'
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
        at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:239)
        at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMDocumentImpl.getOMDocumentElement(OMDocumentImpl.java:130)
        at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.getDocumentElement(StAXOMBuilder.java:359)
        at org.wso2.esb.registry.ESBRegistry.lookup(ESBRegistry.java:129)
        at org.apache.synapse.registry.AbstractRegistry.getResource(AbstractRegistry.java:63)
        at org.apache.synapse.config.SynapseConfiguration.getSequence(SynapseConfiguration.java:159)
        at org.apache.synapse.mediators.eip.Target.mediate(Target.java:86)
        at org.apache.synapse.mediators.eip.splitter.CloneMediator.mediate(CloneMediator.java:85)
        at org.apache.synapse.mediators.AbstractListMediator.mediate(AbstractListMediator.java:60)
        at org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediator.mediate(SequenceMediator.java:122)
        at org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.ProxyServiceMessageReceiver.receive(ProxyServiceMessageReceiver.java:131)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:145)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected
character 'E' (code 69) in prolog; expected '<'
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedChar(StreamScanner.java:623)
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2047)
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1069)
        at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:153)
        ... 17 more

On Nov 14, 2007 11:43 AM, Ruwan Linton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Setting the
> > fault-sequence to : org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediat
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Using
> > sequence named : MFSeq for incoming message mediation
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <MFSeq>
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence
> > <SequenceMediator> :: mediate()
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
> > resource with key : MOD1
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator End : Clone mediator
> >     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator End : Sequence <MFSeq>

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Hi Henrik,

Please find my comments in-line,

Henrik Plate wrote:
> Hi Ruwan,
>
> Re-installing ESB resolved the DB issue. However, it does not resolve
> the mediator problem. Back to the old problem then :-)

cool .... :-)
> BTW, should we continue this or the old thread?

We better continue this thread because you are trying this in WSO2ESB.
> My current configuration (attached below) is as follows: The clone
> mediator uses (a) the mediation sequence MOD1 and (b) a WSDL endpoint
> as target (the latter works when being directly called).

Seems you forgot to attach the configuration. Can you attach the full
configuration?

> Calling the mediator sequence MFSeq (which contains the clone)
> produces the following log:
>
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Proxy Service
> MFProxy received a new message from : 127.0.0.1
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Message To: /soap/MFProxy
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver SOAPAction:
> http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver WSA-Action:
> http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Setting the
> fault-sequence to :
> org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediator@5b84b
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Using sequence
> named : MFSeq for incoming message mediation
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <MFSeq>
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence
> <SequenceMediator> :: mediate()
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
> [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
> [HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
> resource with key : MOD1

This is strange. ESB will do a repository fetch iff it can not find the
sequence in place. Let me give you a very simple configuration so that
you can try that to see whether there is any problem with clone mediator
as the first step.

<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
<sequence name="main">
<clone>
<target sequence="test1"/>
</clone>
</sequence>
<sequence name="test1">
<log level="full">
<property name="cloned-message" value="Cloned message in sequence test1"/>
</log>
<drop/>
</sequence>
<sequence name="fault">
<log level="full"/>
<drop/>
</sequence>
</definitions>

Start ESB with this configuration and then send a request to using the
client with the command (ant stockquote -Dtrpurl=http://localhost:8080/)
and send me the DEBUG log out put of the ESB.

If this is working, will move to the exact scenario. But if this is not
working there is something wrong with the installation or the some other
environment issue (What is the JDK version you are using?)

Thanks,
Ruwan

> [...]
>>> http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Setting the
>>> fault-sequence to : org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediat
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Using
>>> sequence named : MFSeq for incoming message mediation
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <MFSeq>
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence
>>> <SequenceMediator> :: mediate()
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
>>> resource with key : MOD1
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator End : Clone mediator
>>>     [HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator End : Sequence <MFSeq>

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Your example does not work either (same problem). Please find the
following information below:

[1] Log messages from ESB (DEBUG log level)

[2] Output from console where I started ant

[3] java -version output

However, why should only clone not work? My previous examples I
already used in ESB 1.0 and the nightly build still work)

[4] Configuration used

I couldn't copy&paste your sample config but rebuild it manually.

[5] Configuration I forgot to attach in my last email

Thanks,
Henrik

P.S.: It would be a shame if we spend all the time and finally find
only a stupid mistake ... so I hope it's a real bug :-)

[1]

[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SynapseMessageReceiver Synapse received a new
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SynapseMessageReceiver Received To: /
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SynapseMessageReceiver SOAPAction: urn:getQuot
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SynapseMessageReceiver WSA-Action: urn:getQuot
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Injecting MessageConte
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Using Main Sequence fo
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <main>
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence <SequenceMediator> :
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Conte
[HttpServerWorker-1]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of resource w
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG CloneMediator End : Clone mediator
[HttpServerWorker-1] DEBUG SequenceMediator End : Sequence <main>
[I/O dispatcher 7] DEBUG ServerHandler HTTP connection [closed]: Closed

[2]

C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\samples\axis2Client > ant stockquote
-Dtrpurl=http://localhost:8080/
Buildfile: build.xml

init:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\samples\axis2Client\target\classes

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 10 source files to
C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\samples\axis2Client\target\classes

stockquote:
     [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:417)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:195)

[3]

C:\Programs\wso2esb-1.5\bin > java -version
java version "1.6.0_03"

[4]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<syn:definitions xmlns:syn="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
    <syn:registry provider="org.wso2.esb.registry.ESBRegistry">
        <syn:parameter name="root">file:registry/</syn:parameter>
    </syn:registry>
    <syn:sequence name="test1">
        <syn:log level="full" separator=",">
            <syn:property name="cloned-message" value="Cloned message
in sequence test1"/>
        </syn:log>
        <syn:drop/>
    </syn:sequence>
    <syn:sequence name="fault">
        <syn:log level="full" separator=","/>
        <syn:drop/>
    </syn:sequence>
    <syn:sequence name="main">
        <syn:clone>
            <syn:target sequence="test1"/>
        </syn:clone>
    </syn:sequence>
</syn:definitions>

[5]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<syn:definitions xmlns:syn="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
    <syn:registry provider="org.wso2.esb.registry.ESBRegistry">
        <syn:parameter name="root">file:registry/</syn:parameter>
    </syn:registry>
    <syn:proxy name="MFProxy" startOnLoad="true">
        <syn:target inSequence="MFSeq" outSequence="main"
faultSequence="fault"/>
    </syn:proxy>
    <syn:proxy name="TestReqRes" startOnLoad="true">
        <syn:target endpoint="TestReqRes" outSequence="main"
faultSequence="fault"/>
    </syn:proxy>
    <syn:endpoint name="TestReqRes">
        <syn:wsdl service="TestReqRes" port="TestReqResSOAP"
uri="http://localhost:9000/axis2/services/TestReqRes?wsdl"
format="soap11"/>
    </syn:endpoint>
    <syn:sequence name="MFSeq">
        <syn:clone>
            <syn:target sequence="MOD1"/>
            <syn:target sequence="" endpoint="TestReqRes"/>
        </syn:clone>
    </syn:sequence>
    <syn:sequence name="MOD1">
        <syn:log level="full"/>
        <syn:drop/>
    </syn:sequence>
    <syn:sequence name="MOD2">
        <syn:log level="full"/>
        <syn:drop/>
    </syn:sequence>
    <syn:sequence name="fault">
        <syn:log/>
    </syn:sequence>
    <syn:sequence name="main">
        <syn:in>
            <syn:log level="full"/>
            <syn:filter source="get-property('To')" regex="
                <syn:send/>
            </syn:filter>
        </syn:in>
        <syn:out>
            <syn:send/>
        </syn:out>
    </syn:sequence>
</syn:definitions>

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Ruwan Linton-3
Hi Henrik,

Yes there was a real bug in clone (our time is not wasted) :-) , I am
sorry I was unable to reproduce this till this last mail. I have fixed
the issue and made a build available at [1]

Check this and see whether it is working now or not?

[1] -
http://ww2.wso2.org/~builder/wso2esb/wso2-esb-java-1.5.1-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

Sorry for the trouble,
Thanks,
Ruwan

Henrik Plate wrote:

> [...]
>         <syn:log level="full"/>
>         <syn:drop/>
>     </syn:sequence>
>     <syn:sequence name="MOD2">
>         <syn:log level="full"/>
>         <syn:drop/>
>     </syn:sequence>
>     <syn:sequence name="fault">
>         <syn:log/>
>     </syn:sequence>
>     <syn:sequence name="main">
>         <syn:in>
>             <syn:log level="full"/>
>             <syn:filter source="get-property('To')" regex="
>                 <syn:send/>
>             </syn:filter>
>         </syn:in>
>         <syn:out>
>             <syn:send/>
>         </syn:out>
>     </syn:sequence>
> </syn:definitions>

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Thank you for the bugfix ... calling sequence mediators inside a clone
seems to work now.

However, I still have another problem when using a WSDL endpoint as
clone target. In configuration [1], I defined a WSDL endpoint which
works when being used in a proxy service. However, when using the same
WSDL endpoint as clone target, I get an exception (see DEBUG messages
[2]).

Would be nice if you can also have a look at this one ... tell me if I
shall open another thread, but as I already posted the problem in one
of the previous messages ...

Kind regards,
Henrik

[1]

[...]

[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Proxy Service
MFProxy received a new message from : 127.0.0.1
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Message To: /soap/MFProxy
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver SOAPAction:
http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver WSA-Action:
http://www.example.org/TestReqRes/NewOperation
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Setting the
fault-sequence to : org.apache.synapse.mediators.base.SequenceMediato
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver Using sequence
named : MFSeq for incoming message mediation
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG SequenceMediator Start : Sequence <MFSeq>
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG SequenceMediator Sequence
<SequenceMediator> :: mediate()
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG CloneMediator Start : Clone mediator
[HttpServerWorker-3] DEBUG Axis2SynapseEnvironment Creating Message Context
[HttpServerWorker-3]  INFO ESBRegistry ==> Repository fetch of
resource with key :
[HttpServerWorker-3] ERROR ServerWorker Error processing POST request
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character 'E'
(code 69) in prolog; expected '<'
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
     at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:417)
     at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:283)
     at org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.ServerWorker.processPost(ServerWorker.java:218)
     at org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.ServerWorker.run(ServerWorker.java:182)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.OMException:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character 'E'
(code 69) in prolog; expected '<'
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
     at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:239)
     at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMDocumentImpl.getOMDocumentElement(OMDocumentImpl.java:130)
     at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.getDocumentElement(StAXOMBuilder.java:359)
     at org.wso2.esb.registry.ESBRegistry.lookup(ESBRegistry.java:129)
     at org.apache.synapse.registry.AbstractRegistry.getResource(AbstractRegistry.java:63)
     at org.apache.synapse.config.SynapseConfiguration.getSequence(SynapseConfiguration.java:159)
     at org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.Axis2MessageContext.getSequence(Axis2MessageContext.java:139)
[...]
     ... 18 more

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Ruwan Linton-3
Henrik,

I think the problem is due to the blank sequence reference in the clone
mediator target

<syn:sequence name="MFSeq">
        <syn:clone>
            <syn:target sequence="" endpoint="TestReqRes"/>
                              ^^^^^^^^^
        </syn:clone>
    </syn:sequence>

Try this after removing the sequence="" partfrom the target. By looking at
the debug log it seems like it is not the endpoint but blank sequence
reference which affects this problem.

> [...]

>     at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)
>     ... 5 more
> Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected
> character 'E' (code 69) in prolog; expected '<'
> at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
>     at
> com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedChar(StreamScanner.java:623)
>     at
> com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2047)
>     at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1069)
>     at
> org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:153)
>     ... 18 more

> 10/19/2007 5:10 AM

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

That's it ... I guess a future version of the ESB front-end will fix
the creation of this empty ref.

Now, I'll start to play with the aggregate mediator (and might start
some new threads ;-)

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Henrik

Re: Errors related to the WSO2ESB_DATABASE

Ruwan Linton-3
Henrik,

Nice to hear  that you got it to work. :-)

Henrik Plate wrote:
> Hi Ruwan,
>
> That's it ... I guess a future version of the ESB front-end will fix
> the creation of this empty ref.

I have already fixed that. Thanks for the information.
> Now, I'll start to play with the aggregate mediator (and might start
> some new threads ;-)

You are more than welcome !! :-)

Thanks,
Ruwan