How to set email OTP expiration time?

prayagpavithran
Hi ,

We've followed the link <a href="https://docs.wso2.com/display/IS570/Configuring&#43;Email&#43;OTP#ConfiguringEmailOTP-ConfigureWSO2ISastheemailOTPprovider" id="LPlnk299382">https://docs.wso2.com/display/IS570/Configuring+Email+OTP#ConfiguringEmailOTP-ConfigureWSO2ISastheemailOTPprovider and configured WSO2 IS as the Email OTP
Provider.

But we are unable to find the configuration for setting the expiry for the OTP received in email.

Kindly request you to help us in solving the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Prayag Pavithran

Re: How to set email OTP expiration time?

Isura Karunaratne

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 7:37 PM prayag pavithran <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

Provider.

But we are unable to find the configuration for setting the expiry for the OTP received in email.

Kindly request you to help us in solving the issue.
This section provides the instructions to configure multi-factor authentication (MFA) using Email One Time Password (Email OTP) in WSO2 Identity Server (WSO2 IS). The Email OTP enables a one-time password (OTP) to be used at the second step of MFA. Follow the instructions in the sections below to configure MFA using Email OTP:

Thanks & Regards,
Prayag Pavithran

Isura Dilhara Karunaratne
Associate Technical Lead | WSO2
lean.enterprise.middleware
Mob : +94 772 254 810

Re: How to set email OTP expiration time?

Buddhima Udaranga
Hi Prayag,

In WSO2 IS 5.7.0 still we don't have a feature to configure  a OTP expiration time.  In 5.7.0 it expires only after it is used for one time. Currently I am working on that to make the OTP expiration time a configurable value. In future may be in 5.8.0 we will be adding that as a feature .

Thanks and Regards

Buddhima Udaranga|Software Engineer| WSO2 Inc.
(M)+94 714742094 | (E) [hidden email]