[IAM] SCIM 2.0 Outbound Connector

123

[IAM] SCIM 2.0 Outbound Connector

IsurangaPerera
Hi IAM Team,

Currently, there is no $subject. Therefore I'm looking at implementing a SCIM2 Outbound Connector. I'm looking at identity-outbound-provisioning-scim [1] and scim2-compliance-test-suite [2]. Appreciate further suggestions.

Re: [IAM] SCIM 2.0 Outbound Connector

Johann Nallathamby

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Isuranga Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi IAM Team,

Currently, there is no $subject. Therefore I'm looking at implementing a SCIM2 Outbound Connector. I'm looking at identity-outbound-provisioning-scim [1] and scim2-compliance-test-suite [2]. Appreciate further suggestions.

Johann Dilantha Nallathamby
Senior Lead Solutions Engineer

Mobile - +94777776950

Re: [IAM] SCIM 2.0 Outbound Connector

Gayan Gunawardana

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Isuranga Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi IAM Team,

Currently, there is no $subject. Therefore I'm looking at implementing a SCIM2 Outbound Connector. I'm looking at identity-outbound-provisioning-scim [1] and scim2-compliance-test-suite [2]. Appreciate further suggestions.
Hi Isuranga,

It should be same as [1] you just have to think SCIM provider is version 2 and send http requests according to SCIM2 format. As a starting point you can setup existing SCIM provisioning connector and debug from point [1] so you will understand the flow.

--
Gayan Gunawardana
Senior Software Engineer; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com/

Re: [IAM] SCIM 2.0 Outbound Connector

IsurangaPerera
Hi,

I went through the scim2-compliance-test-suite [1] source code, but I couldn't find an abstraction layer which separates the SCIM 2 client from the test and report modules. Is there any way I can separate SCIM 2.0 client from [1] so that I can use it as the SCIM 2.0 client for the $subject.

In addition to that, I found this[2] repository which contains another SCIM client. can I know the completion level of this project?

In summary, there are 3 options which I can use to generate a SCIM 2.0 client.

  1. Separate SCIM 2.0 client from [1]
  2. Separate SCIM 2.0 client from [2]
  3. Use swagger doc [3] to generate client

Appreciate any suggestions.

Best Regards
Isuranga Perera

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:
[+ IsharaK, Omindu, Farasath]

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 7:34 PM, Isuranga Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I went through the scim2-compliance-test-suite [1] source code, but I couldn't find an abstraction layer which separates the SCIM 2 client from the test and report modules. Is there any way I can separate SCIM 2.0 client from [1] so that I can use it as the SCIM 2.0 client for the $subject.
There is no clear abstraction layer. Both SCIM2 compliance test developed by Vindula and SCIM 1.1 outbound provisioning connector are utilized apache commons http client .

In addition to that, I found this[2] repository which contains another SCIM client. can I know the completion level of this project?
This is feign http client and Vindula found it hard to use.

In summary, there are 3 options which I can use to generate a SCIM 2.0 client.
Most feasible way is to go with apache commons HttpClient  but better to give a try with swagger doc as well.

[...]

Hi Gayan,

In that case, I'll try to create an SDK from swagger and use it as the client.

Best Regards

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Isuranga Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Gayan,

In that case, I'll try to create an SDK from swagger and use it as the client.
That would be great.

[...]

Hi Maheshika,

Can we have following 3 repos for this project under wso2-extensions organization?

1. identity-outbound-provisioning-scim2

For the outbound connector

2. identity-scim2-common

For common utilities for inbound and outbound connectors. E.g. AttributeMapper class in inbound connector which is needed for outbound connector as well.

3. identity-client-scim2

For SCIM2 client generated using SCIM2 swagger files. This will be used by outbound connector as well as can be used by anyone as standalone client. Ideally this should be used for the scim2 compliance test suite as well, but have failed to do so.

Regards,
Johann.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Maheshika Goonetilleke
Hi Azeez

Please confirm.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks & Best Regards,

Maheshika Goonetilleke
Senior Engineering Process Coordinator
WSO2 Inc
email   : [hidden email]
mobile : +94 773 596707
www: :http://wso2.com
lean . enterprise . middleware

Re: [IAM] SCIM 2.0 Outbound Connector

Godwin Shrimal
Hi Johan,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Maheshika,

Can we have following 3 repos for this project under wso2-extensions organization?

1. identity-outbound-provisioning-scim2

For the outbound connector

2. identity-scim2-common

don't we need to keep the grouping name in the repo as identity-provisioning-scim2-common

For common utilities for inbound and outbound connectors. E.g. AttributeMapper class in inbound connector which is needed for outbound connector as well.

3. identity-client-scim2

Isn't this should be identity-provisioning-scim2-client

[...]

Godwin Amila Shrimal
Associate Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

mobile: +94772264165

Re: [IAM] SCIM 2.0 Outbound Connector

Johann Nallathamby
Hi Godwin,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Godwin Shrimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johan,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Maheshika,

Can we have following 3 repos for this project under wso2-extensions organization?

1. identity-outbound-provisioning-scim2

For the outbound connector

2. identity-scim2-common

don't we need to keep the grouping name in the repo as identity-provisioning-scim2-common

My understanding is the parts "auth" and "provisioning" in the repo names, refer to the kind of connectors. This particular repo is not a connector repo per se, but a dependency to the connector. I think this name is fine.

For common utilities for inbound and outbound connectors. E.g. AttributeMapper class in inbound connector which is needed for outbound connector as well.

3. identity-client-scim2

Isn't this should be identity-provisioning-scim2-client

Again same explanation as above.

Regards,
Johann.

[...]

Hi Johann,

Yes, these are not connectors but don't we need to follow the same naming convention for these repos as well?

Thanks
Godwin

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Godwin Shrimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johann,

Yes, these are not connectors but don't we need to follow the same naming convention for these repos as well?

There are many other repos under wso2-extensions that don't follow this convention. My understanding is this convention is only suitable for authenticators and provisioning connectors. Not for the rest. E.g. identity-metadata-saml2, identity-data-publisher-authentication, identity-governance, and many more. Similarly for userstore connectors we have "identity-userstore-" convention. This is what I understood. If others think different please holler.

Let me try to put it in another way :). Once we have the 3 repos, the identity-client-scim2 repo will depend on the identity-scim2-common repo. Both these repos together can be used outside the IS product as well, purely as a client side library for scim2. Having the word "provisioning" in the middle would mean (according to my understanding of our convention) this is purely a connector for IS and has no business outside the scope of IS, which is not true.

Regards,
Johann.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Godwin,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Godwin Shrimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johann,

Yes, these are not connectors but don't we need to follow the same naming convention for these repos as well?

There are many other repos under wso2-extensions that don't follow this convention. My understanding is this convention is only suitable for authenticators and provisioning connectors. Not for the rest. E.g. identity-metadata-saml2, identity-data-publisher-authentication, identity-governance, and many more. Similarly for userstore connectors we have "identity-userstore-" convention. This is what I understood. If others think different please holler.

In your examples identity-metadata-saml2, identity-data-publisher-authentication, "identity-userstore-" (except identity-governance) also follows the pattern.

Let me try to put it in another way :). Once we have the 3 repos, the identity-client-scim2 repo will depend on the identity-scim2-common repo. Both these repos together can be used outside the IS product as well, purely as a client side library for scim2. Having the word "provisioning" in the middle would mean (according to my understanding of our convention) this is purely a connector for IS and has no business outside the scope of IS, which is not true.

I am not totally aggree with this, then "identity-" prefix also give the same feeling that's purely for IS conenctors weather we use provisioning word or not. So I don't see any difference for using outside the IS product with/without using "provisioning" word.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Godwin Shrimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, we can follow some other naming convention if needed. I thought you were saying to follow same naming convention as provisioning connectors.

Let me try to put it in another way :). Once we have the 3 repos, the identity-client-scim2 repo will depend on the identity-scim2-common repo. Both these repos together can be used outside the IS product as well, purely as a client side library for scim2. Having the word "provisioning" in the middle would mean (according to my understanding of our convention) this is purely a connector for IS and has no business outside the scope of IS, which is not true.

I am not totally aggree with this, then "identity-" prefix also give the same feeling that's purely for IS conenctors weather we use provisioning word or not. So I don't see any difference for using outside the IS product with/without using "provisioning" word.

The word "identity" is to indicate that these are from identity domain. E.g. we have 5 repos starting as "identity-agent-", which are all agents that work outside IS, but in identity domain. "identity" doesn't mean it is in IS product.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 8:38 PM, Johann Nallathamby <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I am not clear why don't we follow the same naming convension and what are the advantages of not using it and what are the disadvantage of using it, By using same naming convension it enhance the readability and if we know the naming convention we can clearly understand what is this repo for.

[...]

If word "identity-" gives the perception its related to identity domain not only for IS product, I think same applies to word "provisioning". WDYT ?

[...]

Afkham Azeez-2
What is the repo name?

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Maheshika Goonetilleke <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

mobile : <a href="tel:077%20359%206707" value="+94773596707" target="_blank">+94 773 596707
www: :http://wso2.com
lean . enterprise . middleware

--
Afkham Azeez