[IS] Implemeting SAML SSO Agent in .NET

Chiran Wijesekara
Hi all,

I am in the process of developing the $subject. This agent should be pluggable to any ASP.NET web application. Repo is available at [1] it has the sample and also the agent. Currently, I have developed it with Http module(resides inside agent) and a listener(resides inside agent) class. Furthermore, I am calling SSOAgentAppListener class from Global.asax in the ASP.NET web application.

However, I am also thinking about removing the SSOAgentAppListener class by having SSO properties in an XML block inside web.config and wiring it. Would be glad to have any recommendations on this.

Thank you.

--
Chiran Wijesekara
Software Engineering Intern | WSO2

Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +94712990173web: www.wso2.com

https://wso2.com/signature

Re: [IS] Implemeting SAML SSO Agent in .NET

tharindue
Hi Chiran,

It seems you hare using some external DLLs in the project (see references.png), which are not packaged to the project. So when someone runs the solution, these DLLs might not be present in that environment and should be imported manually.

So, IMO it's better to use "Copy Local" option (see local_references.png) for such references, so that the DLLs would be included in the project itself.

This way, anybody would be able to simply run the project in Visual Studio and get it to working.

Thanks,
TharinduE

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:36 AM, Chiran Wijesekara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tharindu Edirisinghe
Senior Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc
Platform Security Team
Blog : http://tharindue.blogspot.com
mobile : +94 775181586

references.PNG (136K) Download Attachment
local_references.PNG (42K) Download Attachment

Re: [IS] Implemeting SAML SSO Agent in .NET

tharindue
Hi Chiran,

If the repo size gets increased significantly due to the dependent DLLs, you can just add a readme to the repo pointing to all the dependencies and download links. This way those who want to test this out can download the dependencies manually, if those are missing in the environment.

Thanks,
TharinduE

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:32 PM, Chiran Wijesekara <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tharindu,
Thanks for the feedback. However, the reason was I omitted .dlls using .gitinore to keep the repo from getting too large in size.If it is better to have those .dlls in the repo, then I will add those to the next commit.
Thanks

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:30 AM, Tharindu Edirisinghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

mobile : <a href="tel:+94%2077%20518%201586" value="+94775181586" target="_blank">+94 775181586

--
Chiran Wijesekara
Software Engineering Intern | WSO2

Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +94712990173web: www.wso2.com

https://wso2.com/signature

--

Tharindu Edirisinghe
Senior Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc
Platform Security Team
Blog : http://tharindue.blogspot.com
mobile : +94 775181586

Re: [IS] Implemeting SAML SSO Agent in .NET

Chiran Wijesekara
[UPDATED]

Hi all,
I have updated the repo with by removing the SSOAgentAppListener class and having SSO properties defined in an XML block inside web.config and wiring it. Thus, there isn't any .settings file in the web application's directory.
All the SSO related settings will have to be defined in the web.config file(under appSettings section). Those properties will be initialized in the init() method of the FilteringHTTPModule  (note: FilteringHTTPModule is extended from IHttpModule )

Thanks!

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 10:24 AM, Chiran Wijesekara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[UPDATED]

Hi all,
I have updated the repo with by removing the SSOAgentAppListener class and having SSO properties defined in an XML block inside web.config and wiring it. Thus, there isn't any .settings file in the web application's directory.
All the SSO related settings will have to be defined in the web.config file(under appSettings section). Those properties will be initialized in the init() method of the FilteringHTTPModule  (note: FilteringHTTPModule is extended from IHttpModule )

Thanks!

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 7:09 AM, Chiran Wijesekara <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi TharinduE,
Thanks for your valuable comments. I will update the Readme file too.
Thanks.