Introducing interface to get widget configuration files in Dashboard Component

Introducing interface to get widget configuration files in Dashboard Component

Nisala Nanayakkara
Hi All,

According to the off-line discussion that we had with Suho, Chandana, Kishanthan, Udara, Tanya and Tharik on CEP requirements of dashboard components. We agreed to ship a template widget with the dashboard-component which can be used generate widgets by passing given configuration file. Please refer mail ‘Q1 Dashboard Release Plan for Realtime Analytics(CEP)’ for more information.

Since the above mentioned configuration file is generated by CEP team, we decided to implement interface to get the configuration files. Then they can register an OSGI service implementing the given interface. So that we can get the list of configuration files, specific configuration file and etc from their DB. I think that this is more convenient than using Java reflection. WDYT ? Please feel free to provide your kind input about this matter.

Thanks,
Nisala

--
Nisala Niroshana Nanayakkara,
Software Engineer

Re: Introducing interface to get widget configuration files in Dashboard Component

Nisala Nanayakkara
Hi,

@CEP team : Appreciate your response about this matter.

Thanks,
Nisala

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Nisala Nanayakkara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sriskandarajah Suhothayan
Yes, +1 for the approach. Typically CEP is providing the dashboard its own store via the OSGi service.

Regards
Suho

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Nisala Nanayakkara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

S. Suhothayan
Associate Director / Architect & Team Lead of WSO2 Complex Event Processor
lean . enterprise . middleware

Re: Introducing interface to get widget configuration files in Dashboard Component

Nisala Nanayakkara
Hi,

Thanks for the update. We will proceed with the implementation.

Thanks,
Nisala

cell: <a href="tel:+94%2077%20975%206757" value="+94779756757" target="_blank">(+94) 779 756 757 | blog: http://suhothayan.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/suhothayan | linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/in/suhothayan

--
Nisala Niroshana Nanayakkara,
Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com/

Re: Introducing interface to get widget configuration files in Dashboard Component

Nisala Nanayakkara
Hi all,

Currently we are having our sample widgets as dashboard designer’s fragments. We are going to move these sample widgets into a separate common location by creating a common UUF component.  Moreover we are going to move the sample implementation class of “WidgetInfoProvider” interface to a separate module. So that people can understand the flow very well and define their own implementation by following above mentioned sample. If you any concerns, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Nisala

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Nisala Nanayakkara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mobile | +94 717600022
WSO2 Inc | http://wso2.com/