OSGi bundle in `RESOLVED` state until manually activated

OSGi bundle in `RESOLVED` state until manually activated

Kaveen Rodrigo
Hey all,

I'm having a bit of mind-bending issue, we have a common OSGi module that is running on both WSO2 IS and WSO2 APIM, the module consumes common services and registers a service.

In the case of IS, it works perfectly it is active and registers and consumes services, but in the case of APIM, the bundle is in  `RESOLVED` state and not auto started until manually activated through the console using `start <bid>` where it activates with no errors and works perfectly.

Why doesn't this autostart? Any thoughts?

We tried
  • Console `diag` - no unresolved dependencies.
  • Added a Breakpoint and logs in component activation - doesn't invoke the activate method unless manually started from the console.
Thanks in advance,
Kaveen Rodrig

--
Kaveen Rodrigo
Software Engineer | WSO2

Mobile : <a href="tel:+94779684740" target="_blank">+94779684740

http://wso2.com/signature

Re: OSGi bundle in `RESOLVED` state until manually activated

Kasun Gajasinghe

Can you check the bundles.info to see what's the start level of this bundle is?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 3:46 PM Kaveen Rodrigo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Kasun Gajasinghe | Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc.
(w) +94 11 214 5345 | (e) kasung AT spamfree wso2.com
GET INTEGRATION AGILE
Integration Agility for Digitally Driven Business

Kasun Gajasinghe
Software Engineer; WSO2 Inc.
http://kasunbg.org

Re: OSGi bundle in `RESOLVED` state until manually activated

Kaveen Rodrigo
Hey [hidden email]

It was the bundles.info file thanks, apparently, our ant-run task was not setting the status to true and was causing the issue.