[PET] Improvement on Redmine connector

kalyani
Hi All,

I am going to improve Redmine connector[1]. For that I have analysed the  Redmine REST API. There are 3 type of status (stable,beta, alpha) methods are available in the API [2].
  • stable ( feature complete, no major changes planned )
  • beta (usable for integrations with some bugs or missing minor functionality)
  • alpha (major functionality in place, needs feedback from API users and integrators )

All stable and beta type of  methods were already implemented. And one of the alpha type of method also implemented.

For the improvement I am planning to do rest of the alpha methods.

Now I am doing further research to find the methods in priority. When I finished the further research I'll update this mail thread soon.

Please let me know if you have any improvements/suggestion on Redmine connector to implement.

[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/ESBCONNECTORS/Redmine+Connector
[2] http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Rest_api

--
Kalyani Yogeswaranathan
Associate software engineer

Mobile: 0776390284

Re: [PET] Improvement on Redmine connector

malakasilva
Hi Kalyani,

Can we check if we can further improve the existing improved methods?

eg:- Support all optional parameters, etc.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Kalyani Yogeswaranathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:0776390284" value="+94776390284" target="_blank">0776390284

--

Best Regards,

Malaka Silva
Senior Tech Lead
M: +94 777 219 791
Fax :94 11 2145300
Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77

WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
http://www.wso2.com/

Save a tree -Conserve nature & Save the world for your future. Print this email only if it is absolutely necessary.

Re: [PET] Improvement on Redmine connector

kalyani
Yes Malaka, I'll check and update.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Malaka Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

M: <a href="tel:%2B94%20777%20219%20791" value="+94777219791" target="_blank">+94 777 219 791
Fax :94 11 2145300
Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77

WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
http://www.wso2.com/

Save a tree -Conserve nature & Save the world for your future. Print this email only if it is absolutely necessary.

--
Kalyani Yogeswaranathan
Associate software engineer
WSO2 Inc.

Mobile: 0776390284

Re: [PET] Improvement on Redmine connector

kalyani
Hi Malaka,

I have checked the redmine connector methods[1] with API documentation[2] for whether all parameters support or not. I have found that, all implemented methods support for all of the available parameters.

As we discussed in the meeting we no need to implement alpha methods.

WDYT?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Kalyani Yogeswaranathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I am going to implement some of the alpha methods for Redmine connector.

Custom Fields : Get method [1]
Groups : CRUD (Create, Read,Update, Delete) [2]

[1] http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Rest_CustomFields

[2] http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Rest_Groups

Please let me know if you have any suggestion on this.

Thanks