Proxy URL behavior

pierre.deleusse
Proxy URL behavior

Hi everybody,

I have a client that requires a specific address for the service it consumes and expects the WSDL to be exposed at this address under GET method (which excludes the use of address?wsdl).

Is there an easy way to modify the ESB normal behaviour to expose the WSDL (GET method) directly?

Example:
http://host:8080/soap/service?wsdl <= gives what's required by the client but address is invalid

http://host:8080/soap/service <= address is valid but doesn't gives what's required by the client

Thanks in advance for your ideas and comments.

Best regards,
pierre

Re: Proxy URL behavior

Ruwan Linton-3
Proxy URL behavior
Hi pierre,

Let me repaet your requirement in one line, which is; you want the service WSDL exposed under the service path it self without going through the ?wsdl.

If that is what you requirement is, my direct answer to this is No at least for the moment. AFAIK, this ?wsdl filter is hard coded inside the synapse nhttp transport get request processor. But depending on you requirements we can give a configuration point to change this behaviour.

Please let us know whether this is critical to you in which case we can get started quickly, otherwise this will be fixed in the future, depending on the priority of this issue over other issues.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Re: Proxy URL behavior

Paul Fremantle-2
Pierre

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Have you provided a "PublishWSDL"
config in the proxy config?

Paul

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a client that requires a specific address for the service it
> consumes and expects the WSDL to be exposed at this address under GET
> method (which excludes the use of address?wsdl).
>
> Is there an easy way to modify the ESB normal behaviour to expose the
> WSDL (GET method) directly?
>
> Example:
> _http://host:8080/soap/service?wsdl_ <= gives what's required by the
> client but address is invalid
>
> _http://host:8080/soap/service_ <= address is valid but doesn't gives
> what's required by the client
>
> Thanks in advance for your ideas and comments.
>
> Best regards,
> pierre

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Office: +1 646 290 8050
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

RE: Proxy URL behavior

pierre.deleusse
Proxy URL behavior
Ruwan,

Thanks for the quick answer. You got my problem right. If there is a quick way to fix this within the esb it would be very helpful indeed.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
pierre

RE: Proxy URL behavior

pierre.deleusse
Paul,

I have provided a "PublishWSDL" in the proxy config. Everything seems to
work as far as the esb is concerned.

The problem is that the client is very restrictive regarding the url it
accepts and therefore "refuses" to make the call in this case.

System Logs:
ProxyService - Successfully created the Axis2 service for Proxy service
ProxyServiceAdmin - Added proxy service

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a client that requires a specific address for the service it
> consumes and expects the WSDL to be exposed at this address under GET
> method (which excludes the use of address?wsdl).
>
> Is there an easy way to modify the ESB normal behaviour to expose the
> WSDL (GET method) directly?
>
> Example:
> _http://host:8080/soap/service?wsdl_ <= gives what's required by the
> client but address is invalid
>
> _http://host:8080/soap/service_ <= address is valid but doesn't gives
> what's required by the client
>
> Thanks in advance for your ideas and comments.
>
> Best regards,
> pierre

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2 OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Office: +1 646 290 8050
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

Re: Proxy URL behavior

Ruwan Linton-3
Proxy URL behavior
Hi pierre,

We will work on this ASAP and get back to you on this issue. Inorder to resolve this issue there has to be a change in the transport level code and will take a little time (at least 2 to 3 days)

Is that OK with you? At the same time you can go ahead and create a JIRA on this @ https://wso2.org/jira/browse/ESBJAVA

Thanks,
Ruwan
Thanks for the quick answer. You got my problem right. If there is a quick way to fix this within the esb it would be very helpful indeed.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
pierre

RE: Proxy URL behavior

pierre.deleusse
Proxy URL behavior

Ruwan,

Please accept my apologies for the late answer, for some reason my outlook didn't load all my emails until (I hope) now.

Thanks for the quick answer; I'll create the JIRA right now.

Thanks,

pierre

Thanks for the quick answer. You got my problem right. If there is a quick way to fix this within the esb it would be very helpful indeed.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
pierre

Re: Proxy URL behavior

Ruwan Linton-3
Hi pierre,

I have already started working on this after discussing this issues on
the synapse lists, but this will take some more time than expected. Hope
this is OK with you.

Thanks,
Ruwan