Re: AS performance analysis

Srinath Perera-3
Adding architecture@

Rasika, we generally discuss all technical stuff in public lists!

In this tomcat is bit ahead, but in general numbers are close.

How does the Jmeter find the data for in-between thread counts? System had those thread counts only for a very small time, so I think values are not reliable for intermediate thread counts?

Also why does thought rise and fall? What is the time period of which they calculate throughout? (throughput is number of request/ time period). I think they measure it in small time periods. We generally plot the average instead.

Any way we can extract and plot the data for 10, 20, 50 threads etc only without intermediate values.

--Srinath

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Rasika Kariyawasam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I did an initial test regarding the $subject
Tomcat 7 and WSO2AS 5.1.0
Load test with jmeter
Sample application - hibernate webapp to query mysql data
Memory settings for both -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
All installed in my machine

I have attached result graphs i got here with. Shall I proceed with this in a lab machine.

Thanks
Rasika

--
Rasika Kariyawasam
mobile - <a href="tel:0716287556" value="+94716287556" target="_blank">0716287556

--
============================
Srinath Perera, Ph.D.

Re: AS performance analysis

Dipesh Chheda
Hi Rasika, Srinath,

We (at Cisco) are evaluating/planning to replace Tomcat with WSO2 AS for couple of existing applications (to begin with). This result will help us get the consent from the other stakeholders.

So please share the results and your analysis with us as soon as you can.

Thanks,
Dipesh

Srinath Perera-3 wrote

--