Re: [Dev] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0 RC2

Re: [Dev] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0 RC2

Rukshani Weerasinha
Hi Chandana,

Instructions to install and set up Snappy Java is there in the page [1] you shared under sub-heading Installing and setting up snappy-java.

Best Regards,
Rukshani.

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Chandana Napagoda <[hidden email]> wrote:
-1, Unable to start  Stream Processor Studio in the windows machine[1][2]. It was hanging on the below step for more than 20 minutes.

Also, it seems "Installing on Windows"[1] doc is outdated, I can't find any place to copy snappy-java jar file.

Regards,
Chandana

On 22 December 2017 at 09:59, SajithAR Ariyarathna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Devs,

We are pleased to announce the release candidate of WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0.

This is the Release Candidate version 2 of the WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0

Please download, test the product and vote. Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.

Source and binary distribution files: https://github.com/wso2/product-sp/releases/tag/v4.0.0-RC2

Please vote as follows.
    [+] Stable - go ahead and release
    [-] Broken - do not release (explain why)

~ The WSO2 Analytics Team ~
Thanks.

--
Sajith Janaprasad Ariyarathna
Senior Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/

Rukshani Weerasinha

WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: 0777 683 738

Re: [Dev] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0 RC2

Chandana Napagoda-2

On 22 December 2017 at 13:30, Rukshani Weerasinha <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chandana,

Instructions to install and set up Snappy Java is there in the page [1] you shared under sub-heading Installing and setting up snappy-java.

I can't find any folder called "repository" under the <SP_HOME>(Copy the jar to <SP_HOME>\repository\components\lib)

[...]

Hello Chandana,

I will check with the team where this jar should be copied and update the instructions accordingly. Thank you for pointing it out.

Best Regards,
Rukshani.

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Chandana Napagoda <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

The team mentioned that we do not need Snappy Java for SP. Therefore, I removed the section to install and add it.

Best Regards,
Rukshani.

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Rukshani Weerasinha <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Eranga Liyanage
Hi Chandana,

Could you please test without snappy.

Best regards,
Eranga.

On 22 Dec 2017 9:20 am, "Rukshani Weerasinha" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Eranga,

I tested above without having the snappy jar.

Regards,
Chandana

On 22 December 2017 at 14:40, Eranga Liyanage <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sriskandarajah Suhothayan
Hi Chandana,

We couldn’t reproduce this in windows 10 and 7. Can you please give us more information about the environment, and also pleas make sure the pack you have downloaded is not corrupted.

Thanks

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 9:49 AM Chandana Napagoda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

S. Suhothayan
Associate Director / Architect
lean . enterprise . middleware

Re: [Dev] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0 RC2

Gimantha Bandara

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Chandana Napagoda <[hidden email]> wrote:
-1, Unable to start  Stream Processor Studio in the windows machine[1][2]. It was hanging on the below step for more than 20 minutes.
I confirmed what Isuru has mentioned.
This is not a bug. If you select a character in command prompt (by marking), the current process holds and will not continue. Press Enter, then the process will continue.

[...]

Software Engineer
WSO2. Inc : http://wso2.com

Re: [Dev] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0 RC2

Gokul Balakrishnan
Hi all,

We've decided to call the RC2 vote off due to some minor issues with the editor and the RDBMS store, We will be initiating an RC3 vote shortly.

Thanks,

On 22 December 2017 at 17:26, Gimantha Bandara <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Mobile : <a href="tel:+94%2071%20496%201919" value="+94714961919" target="_blank">+94714961919

Gokul Balakrishnan
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
M +94 77 5935 789 | +44 7563 570502

Re: [Dev] [VOTE] Release WSO2 Stream Processor 4.0.0 RC2

Chandana Napagoda-2
Hi Isuru/Gimantha,

For your reference, I have created a video[1] when starting WSO2 SP 4.0.0 R3. No character was selected while starting the server.

Chandana

On 22 December 2017 at 22:26, Gimantha Bandara <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Raveen,

In Carbon 4.4.x code I could see that, 'sh' command[1] is used to determine whether the operating system is Windows or not. So based on the code you have pointed[2],it has changed to 'bash' and now the new 'bash' option is not working on some of the Windows systems.  I could confirm that old carbon 4.4.x related 'sh' command still works without any issue and I haven't noticed anyone faced a similar issue(in Dev list or StackOverflow) with any of the official WSO2 products up to now.

So I personally believe that, the code you have pointed[2] it is not working as expected(on the expected use cases)[3] and need to be fixed it properly.

[3]. //Ignored. We might be invoking this on a Window platform. Therefore if an error occurs

Regards,
Chandana

On 3 January 2018 at 19:01, Raveen Rathnayake <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chandana,

I was able to reproduce your issue. This issue is caused due to an uncompleted bash installation in Windows 10.
With windows 10 (10th year anniversary edition) users were given the option to install bash within windows. So once you have installed Windows sub system for Linux(beta) feature it actually doesn't completely install all of its features. This creates a 'bash.exe' in system32 folder and it will be installed when the "bash" command runs.

In carbon-kernel [1] we try to write a PPID using a bash command. In windows environment we expect an exception when trying to execute this step since bash is not available in windows. But in this case bash is available in the windows environment and an exception is not generated. So the process continues and it try to read a line in [2] but it hangs there because once we execute the "bash" command it tries to install bash in windows(user input is required to install it)

So, to resolve this issue we can install bash completely by running "bash"  command in command prompt or remove the Windows sub system for Linux(beta) feature.

I hope this is the same reason for your issue as well. (you can check whether you have partially installed bash by typing "bash" in command prompt. This will ask you to install it properly.)

Let us know if this helped you to resolve the issue.

PS: Complete tutorial on installing bash in windows 10 is available in [3].

Thank you.
Raveen.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 3:10 AM, Chandana Napagoda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Raveen Savinda Rathnayake,
Software Engineering Intern,
WSO2 Inc.
lean. enterprise. middleware