Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

Shakila Sivagnanarajah
+ architectiure

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Shakila Sivagnanarajah <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

While configuring the connector operation in developer-studio, we may need to get the access token. Some APIs have their own tool to generate otherwise we may need to manually invoke and get.

For example, google APIs have  oauth-playground [1]. So we need to give a way to navigate to that page from developer-studio.

For this, we can define a parameter like [2] inside the connector configuration(init method) and put the link as description with "TODO:" or "INFO:" kind of prefix. Then developer-studio will handle this and provide a way to redirect to that page like [3].

[2] <parameter name="accessTokenURL" description="INFO:https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground"/>

Inline image 1

Developer studio should have the feature to display a button if the connector contain param like [2]. When we hit the Get Token button, It should launch the Internal Web Browser and open the particular page. This is our opinion, please provide your suggestions here.

Thank you.

--
Shakila Sivagnanarajah
Associate Software Engineer

--
Shakila Sivagnanarajah
Associate Software Engineer
Mobile :+94 (0) 768 856837

Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

Maheeka Jayasuriya
Hi Shakila,

IMO, we should handle this as meta-data of the connector and not as a parameter to init. Exposing a parameter will introduce an extension that is configurable to users, which is not the expectation here.

Also is there a specific reason to use description instead of value tag in the parameter?

Thanks,
Maheeka

Maheeka Jayasuriya

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Shakila Sivagnanarajah <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Susinda Perera
+1 for keep it as metadata of the connector. Or we can make that field non editable (if we giving it as parameter).
Another improvement is calling the token endpoint from devstudio itself and display the token. but i'm not sure how easily we can implement this because we may either have to keep a configurable client or client comes with each connector.

Thanks
Susinda

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Maheeka Jayasuriya <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Software Engineer
B.Sc.(Eng), M.Sc(Computer Science), AMIE(SL)
Mobile:(+94)716049075
Blog: susinda.blogspot.com
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com/
Tel : 94 11 214 5345 Fax :94 11 2145300

Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

malakasilva
Hi,

Currently we have the following structure in root xml. We can simply add an authenticationInfo element to point to our docs section mentioning the details about authentication.

This may contain the links to vendor site. We should always point to wso2 docs since vendor url may change time to time.

eg:- LDAP Connector

<connector>
    <component name="ldap" package="org.wso2.carbon.connector" >
        <dependency component="ldap_entry"/>
        <dependency component="ldap_config"/>
        <dependency component="ldap_auth"/>
        <description>LDAP connector for WSO2 ESB</description>
    </component>
</connector>

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Susinda Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tel : 94 11 214 5345 Fax :<a href="tel:94%2011%C2%A02145300" value="+94112145300" target="_blank">94 11 2145300

Best Regards,

Malaka Silva
Senior Tech Lead
M: +94 777 219 791
Fax :94 11 2145300
Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77

WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
http://www.wso2.com/

Save a tree -Conserve nature & Save the world for your future. Print this email only if it is absolutely necessary.

Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

Viraj Rajaguru
Hi Malaka,

+1 for adding authenticationInfo url into the root xml.

Few concerns, currently there are two ways to init a connector(ie: provide authentication details)

1. Using 'init' connector operation inline with other connectors. In this case we are providing details using properties view.
2. Store authentication details in a local entry and reuse it using "config ref" option. In this case there is a dialog box to provide details.

We need to show authenticationInfo url in both places while we developing connector flows using Developer studio. For users who use second option, we can provide authenticationInfo url in the dialog box. But for the first option where can we show this url?

Thanks,
Viraj.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Malaka Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

M: <a href="tel:%2B94%20777%20219%20791" value="+94777219791" target="_blank">+94 777 219 791
Fax :94 11 2145300
Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77

WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
http://www.wso2.com/

Save a tree -Conserve nature & Save the world for your future. Print this email only if it is absolutely necessary.

Viraj Rajaguru
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. : http://wso2.com

Mobile: +94 77 3683068

Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

malakasilva
Hi,

Did we do this change to google sheets and tasks connectors? If no we need to do it.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Viraj Rajaguru <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Malaka,

+1 for adding authenticationInfo url into the root xml.

Few concerns, currently there are two ways to init a connector(ie: provide authentication details)

1. Using 'init' connector operation inline with other connectors. In this case we are providing details using properties view.
2. Store authentication details in a local entry and reuse it using "config ref" option. In this case there is a dialog box to provide details.
​IMO recommended approach should be 2.

[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B94%2077%203683068" value="+94773683068" target="_blank">+94 77 3683068

Best Regards,

Malaka Silva
Senior Tech Lead
M: +94 777 219 791
Fax :94 11 2145300
Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77

WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
http://www.wso2.com/

Save a tree -Conserve nature & Save the world for your future. Print this email only if it is absolutely necessary.

Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

kalyani

Hi Malaka,

We didn't add this changes.  We will do.

Thanks

On 17 May 2016 20:51, "Malaka Silva" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This improvement has been done from Developer Studio side. For the connectors which has "authenticationInfo" tag inside the connector.xml, there will be a hyperlink in the Connector Configuration dialog box(see "withLink.png"). Users can click on this hyperlink and it will open the relevant documentation in an external browser. There will not be any hyperlink for the connectors which doesn't contain the "authenticationInfo" tag(See withoutLink.png)

Thanks,
Viraj.

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Malaka Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great please do for all the connectors we are releasing with schema.

From tooling side we need to implement this. Added [1] to track this.

[...]

Associate Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc. : http://wso2.com

Mobile: +94 77 3683068

withLink.png (154K) Download Attachment
withoutLink.png (143K) Download Attachment

Re: [PET] Discussion about the instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio.

malakasilva
This looks good thx.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Viraj Rajaguru <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

This improvement has been done from Developer Studio side. For the connectors which has "authenticationInfo" tag inside the connector.xml, there will be a hyperlink in the Connector Configuration dialog box(see "withLink.png"). Users can click on this hyperlink and it will open the relevant documentation in an external browser. There will not be any hyperlink for the connectors which doesn't contain the "authenticationInfo" tag(See withoutLink.png)

Thanks,
Viraj.

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Malaka Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great please do for all the connectors we are releasing with schema.

From tooling side we need to implement this. Added [1] to track this.

[...]

Senior Technical Lead