Registry Clustering: Load Balancing HTTP request

Registry Clustering: Load Balancing HTTP request

Srinath Perera-3
Hi Sumedha;

I am trying to use Synape to load balance between few registry
endpoints for WSO2 document registry. And for WSO2 Doc Registry, most
access are via HTTP/ HTML. Hence, we have to support HTTP GET requests
for clustering to make sense. I am having some issues making this work
with out ESB.

My understanding is that we did registry clustering before. Does that
include HTTP level load-balancing and Fail over (both GET & POST). Did
it only worked for WS-Calls or are we able to use UI though Synapse
load balancer?

Thanks
Srinath

Re: Registry Clustering: Load Balancing HTTP request

Afkham Azeez-2
You can use the Apache mod_proxy_balancer for pure HTTP level load balancing. I guess the Registry customers are either using mod_proxy_balancer or hardware load balancers in production systems, and the ESB LBs are not used at the moment.

Azeez

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Srinath Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sumedha;

I am trying to use Synape to load balance between few registry
endpoints for WSO2 document registry. And for WSO2 Doc Registry, most
access are via HTTP/ HTML. Hence, we have to support HTTP GET requests
for clustering to make sense. I am having some issues making this work
with out ESB.

My understanding is that we did registry clustering before. Does that
include HTTP level load-balancing and Fail over (both GET & POST). Did
it only worked for WS-Calls or are we able to use UI though Synapse
load balancer?

Thanks
Srinath

Afkham Azeez
[hidden email]
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com
Blog: http://afkham.org

Re: Registry Clustering: Load Balancing HTTP request

Srinath Perera-3
If anyone has set this up before, please let me know. I guess will
will require enabling SSL in apache and making sure mod_proxy_balancer
talks with registry via https.
--Srinath

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Afkham Azeez<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can use the Apache mod_proxy_balancer for pure HTTP level load
> balancing. I guess the Registry customers are either using
> mod_proxy_balancer or hardware load balancers in production systems, and the
> ESB LBs are not used at the moment.
> Azeez
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Srinath Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sumedha;
>>
>> I am trying to use Synape to load balance between few registry
>> endpoints for WSO2 document registry. And for WSO2 Doc Registry, most
>> access are via HTTP/ HTML. Hence, we have to support HTTP GET requests
>> for clustering to make sense. I am having some issues making this work
>> with out ESB.
>>
>> My understanding is that we did registry clustering before. Does that
>> include HTTP level load-balancing and Fail over (both GET & POST). Did
>> it only worked for WS-Calls or are we able to use UI though Synapse
>> load balancer?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Srinath
>>
>> --

> Afkham Azeez
> [hidden email]
> WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com
> Blog: http://afkham.org

Re: Registry Clustering: Load Balancing HTTP request

Ruwan Linton-3
Srinath Perera wrote:
> If anyone has set this up before, please let me know. I guess will
> will require enabling SSL in apache and making sure mod_proxy_balancer
> talks with registry via https.

And you need to consider the session affinity as well.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton
Technical Lead & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb

Re: Registry Clustering: Load Balancing HTTP request

Srinath Perera-3
Yah, I get till that step so far. Seems it need some special tricks
http://www.howtoforge.com/load_balancing_apache_mod_proxy_balancer