Selecting a Javascript markdown library for APIM 2.x - In-line Documents

Selecting a Javascript markdown library for APIM 2.x - In-line Documents

Varuni Punchihewa
Hi all,

I have been working on giving the markdown support for APIM 2.x. and the library I have planned to use was "htmleditor" in uikit library [1].
But found out recently that there was an XSS threat using this library and they have also dropped the support for latest versions telling that it was out of their scope.

Would like to know any suggestions for a good JavaScript markdown editor. Please share if you have any suggestions.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Varuni Punchihewa
Software Engineer - Intern | WSO2
Tel: +94 71 699 5861

Re: Selecting a Javascript markdown library for APIM 2.x - In-line Documents

Chamin Dias
Hi,

We had somewhat similar requirement few months ago and we decided to choose this library.  Are you trying to do this using react? You can find the discussion thread here.

Thanks.

--
Chamin Dias
Mobile : 0716097455

Re: Selecting a Javascript markdown library for APIM 2.x - In-line Documents

Varuni Punchihewa
Hi Chamin,

We had a look at the react-markdown library but prefer a javascript library more to include inside the jaggery in 2.x

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 8:15 PM Chamin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jerad,

Currently, when you are adding a New Document to the API in the Publisher (v2.x), you can only give Inline, URL and File as the source type. It doesn't have a mechanism to add markdown (md) docs.
This is to give that support to the API Publisher.

Best Regards,
Varuni Punchihewa
Software Engineer - Intern | WSO2
Tel: +94 71 699 5861

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 10:07 AM Jerad Rutnam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Varuni,

Can you also explain where we need it and what are we trying to achieve by giving markdown support in v2.xx ? Because for react we already have one.

Cheers!

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 8:42 AM Varuni Punchihewa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

lean | enterprise | middleware
M : +94 77 959 1609 | E : [hidden email] | W : www.wso2.com

Re: Selecting a Javascript markdown library for APIM 2.x - In-line Documents

Varuni Punchihewa
Hi Jerad,

Thank you.

No, we are currently not using Uikit in the APIM AFAIK
Best Regards,

Varuni Punchihewa
Software Engineer - Intern | WSO2
Tel: +94 71 699 5861

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 6:05 PM Jerad Rutnam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Varuni,

I think anyway for react version (APIM v3.xx) you will have to use a react markdown library. Probably the one [1] which Chamin shared.
But for APIM v2.xx better choose a different JS library. I have seen the showdown [2] and markdown-it [3] using widely.
Also check GitHub markdown parser [4] as well. Which is their kramdown parser.

Are we using UIKit already anywhere?

Cheers!