Setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server

Setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server

Sivaramya Sivanathan
Hi all,

I am  using msf4j 2.4.3  WebSocket server for the siddhi-io-websocket unit test. Can anyone guide me how to setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server?

Thank you,
Sivaramya Sivanathan
Associate Software Engineer | WSO2
Tel: 0770874960
WSO2 Inc : http://wso2.org
LinkedIn | www.linkedin.com/in/sivaramya

Re: Setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server

SajithAR Ariyarathna
[+ MSF4J & transport folks]

Kindly requests your assistance on this.
Thanks.

--
Sajith Janaprasad Ariyarathna
Senior Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/

Re: Setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server

Irunika Weeraratne
Hi Sivaramya,
In MSF4J HTTPS working. Since HTTP and WS use the same server connector configuration for WS too. Which means if HTTPS is configured when running MSF4J then WSS also working.
@Danesh can please you provide the specifics? :)

Thanks,
Irunika

Irunika Weeraratne
Software Engineer | WSO2, Inc.
Mobile : +94712403314
Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 10:15 AM, SajithAR Ariyarathna <[hidden email]> wrote:
[+ MSF4J & transport folks]

Kindly requests your assistance on this.
Thanks.

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Sivaramya Sivanathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am  using msf4j 2.4.3  WebSocket server for the siddhi-io-websocket unit test. Can anyone guide me how to setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server?

Thank you,
Sivaramya Sivanathan
Associate Software Engineer | WSO2
Tel: 0770874960
WSO2 Inc : http://wso2.org
LinkedIn | www.linkedin.com/in/sivaramya

--
Sajith Janaprasad Ariyarathna
Senior Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/

Re: Setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server

Danesh Kuruppu
Hi Sivaramya,

In order to make communication secured, we need to change netty configurations. netty configuration file format looks like [1]. If you running as standalone microservice, we need to give configuration file location as system property like below.

 -Dtransports.netty.conf=<path of netty-transports.yml config location>

Thanks
Danesh

[...]

Email: [hidden email]

Mobile: +94 (77) 1690552
Web: WSO2 Inc

Re: Setup the WebSocket security in msf4j WebSocket server

Sivaramya Sivanathan
Hi Irunika and Danesh,

Yes, it worked for me as Danesh suggested. Thank you.

Regards,

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Danesh Kuruppu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:+94%2077%20169%200552" value="+94771690552" target="_blank">+94 (77) 1690552
Web: WSO2 Inc