Siddhi : Median Extension

Nihla Akram

Hello All,

We are developing a median extension for siddhi. Median is the middle number in a sorted list of numbers.

Here, we implement a simple extension to return the median. The implementation uses AttributeAggregator as the base class and values are aggregated over the specified window to give the median. In the case of having two middle numbers, the extension gives the average of the two as the median.

Supported data types

Int, Double, Long, Float

Return data type

Double

The median extension can be used for any given window implementation i.e. sliding time, time batch, external time and sliding length and length batch.

Thanks,
Nihla

--
Nihla Akram
Software Engineering Intern

Re: Siddhi : Median Extension

Malith Jayasinghe
Did we run any performance tests on this one?
What would be the impact of window length etc on the performance?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Nihla Akram <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

WSO2, Inc. (http://wso2.com)
Email   :[hidden email]
Mobile :0770704040
Blog     :https://medium.com/@malith.jayasinghe
Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

Re: Siddhi : Median Extension

Nihla Akram
Hi Malith,

Please find my replies in line.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Malith Jayasinghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did we run any performance tests on this one?

I haven't done any performance tests on the extension yet.

What would be the impact of window length etc on the performance?

The implementation of the extension is such that, it returns the median for each event arrival and expiry. So, it is not recommended to use for large window sizes.