Using Postgresql gives startup error in Kernel 4.4.33

Using Postgresql gives startup error in Kernel 4.4.33

Senthalan Kanagalingam
Hi all,

I have currently testing wso2 IS 5.7.0-alpha with different databases. When starting with Postgresql give the error[1]. I have followed the instruction from the administration guide [2]. When tried out with IS 5.6.0 with the same configuration it works perfectly. So I tried to build with each milestone release and it started to fail in IS 5.7.0-m5, where we have updated the kernel version to 4.4.33.

To confirm, I have rebuilt the latest product-is with kernel version 4.4.32. There were no startup errors. So we have to analyse the database related changes between kernel 4.4.32 and 4.4.33.

thanks,
Senthalan.
--
Senthalan Kanagalingam
Software Engineer - WSO2 Inc.

Re: Using Postgresql gives startup error in Kernel 4.4.33

Senthalan Kanagalingam
Hi all,

When I revert this PR[1]  and tried out, there were no startup errors. What is the fix of this done with this PR?

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM Senthalan Kanagalingam <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nandika Jayawardana
This pr was done as there was a hard corded db connection interceptor which was roll-backing select queries on return which as having a major performance impact. If you want the removed behavior by default you should be able to add the property rollbackOnReturn on your datasource config.

Nandika

WSO2 Inc ; http://wso2.com