The WSO2 WSAS & WSO2 Carbon team is pleased to announce the release of
3.0-beta1 of the Open Source WSO2 Web Services Application Server (WSAS).
WSAS 3.0-beta1 release is available for download at . This is based
on revolutionary the WSO2 Carbon  framework, Middleware a la carte'.
All the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.
1. Based on the OSGi based WSO2 Carbon architecture. This is a
unification of all Java based products from WSO2. Now you can have
features from the lightweight super-fast WSO2 ESB & the super-cool WSO2
MashupServer, running on your WSAS instance. You can mix and match the
functionality you require according to requirements of your enterprise.
The middleware can be adopted to your architecture. You could even
extend the middleware by developing your own middleware components.
2. Enhanced admin UI
3. Extensible server admin framework
4. Separable frontend & backend - a single frontend server can be used
to administer several backend servers
5. Various bug fixes and enhancements.
How to Run
1. Extract the downloaded zip
2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
4. Point you browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/ 5. Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password.
6. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the
property -DosgiConsole when starting the server
1. Data Services definition wizard is not available
2. Not yet stable when running in servlet mode within an app server.
3. Some broken links to help files.
All known issues have been filed here . Please report any issues you
find as JIRA entries.