WSService

Jeroen Koekkoek-3
Hi,

I checked out WSF/Perl from subversion and noticed the WSService.pm, which isn't in the stable 1.1 release. Is the module ready to be used?

I would also like to know how active WSF/Perl is being developed. I noticed the trunk hasn't been updated in a while.

To build the module I had to make some changes:
1. rampart library wasn't included in the Makefile.PL
2. WSService was listed instead of WSO2::WSF::WSService in service/t/WSService.t

Best regards,

Jeroen Koekkoek

Re: WSService

Chintana Wilamuna-2
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Jeroen Koekkoek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I checked out WSF/Perl from subversion and noticed the WSService.pm, which isn't in the stable 1.1 release. Is the module ready to be used?

Jeroen, Service module is not ready to be used. Kinda hit a dead end
when trying to embed perl inside a C program invoked by Apache with
mod_perl and CGI. IIRC, the problem was the state of the perl instance
created by the mod_perl/CGI process got corrupted/interfered with the
embedded perl interpreter.

> I would also like to know how active WSF/Perl is being developed. I noticed the trunk hasn't been updated in a while.

As you have noticed, there haven't been an update in a while.
Currently the development is paused.

> To build the module I had to make some changes:
> 1. rampart library wasn't included in the Makefile.PL

Ah, this is a bug, thanks for spotting. Will fix it.

> 2. WSService was listed instead of WSO2::WSF::WSService in service/t/WSService.t

As I said earlier, WSService is not working. So, there are no tests.
Anyhoo, will correct the package name. Thanks.

Bye,

    -Chintana

--
http://engwar.com/