Wso2 esb[v1.5]

Jones, Alan R
Hi,

Just started playing with the esb, I notice everytime I shut down the
esb and restart it, it does not persist my previous configuration
settings, specifically proxy services. Is there a "save" function I am
completely missing? How do I retain a configuration in case I need to
bounce the esb?

Thanks,

Alan J

Re: Wso2 esb[v1.5]

Upul Godage
Hi,

You can save the changes by going to the Configuration page and clicking the Save button.

http://wso2.org/project/esb/java/1.5/docs/administratorguide.html#Configurat

Upul

On Jan 11, 2008 11:10 PM, Jones, Alan R <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Just started playing with the esb, I notice everytime I shut down the
esb and restart it, it does not persist my previous configuration
settings, specifically proxy services. Is there a "save" function I am
completely missing? How do I retain a configuration in case I need to
bounce the esb?

Thanks,

Alan J

Re: Wso2 esb[v1.5]

Paul Fremantle-2
Alan

Yes. If you go to the Configuration page and then click the Save button,
it saves the current operational config to the disk.

For production use, what some customers are doing is to store the
configutration (which is XML) in an SVN repository, and then checking
out a specific revision to the ESB.

Paul

Jones, Alan R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just started playing with the esb, I notice everytime I shut down the
> esb and restart it, it does not persist my previous configuration
> settings, specifically proxy services. Is there a "save" function I am
> completely missing? How do I retain a configuration in case I need to
> bounce the esb?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan J

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Office: +1 646 290 8050
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

RE: Wso2 esb[v1.5]

Jones, Alan R
Excellent idea. I totally missed looking on the configuration page, I
had assumed all the changes to sequences, etc were saved to a
configuration when you hit the "save" button for each item. Thanks.

Thanks,

Alan J

Alan R Jones
Boeing S&IS Mission Systems
Denver Engineering Center (BDEC)

Jones, Alan R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just started playing with the esb, I notice everytime I shut down the
> esb and restart it, it does not persist my previous configuration
> settings, specifically proxy services. Is there a "save" function I am

> completely missing? How do I retain a configuration in case I need to
> bounce the esb?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan J

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2 OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Office: +1 646 290 8050
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

Wsdl importing xsd

Jones, Alan R
 I have a WSDl that I configure into the esb via the pointing to a Url.
However, the wsdl imports a schema. How can I get the esb to import the
schema at the same time? Or, do I use the Integrated Registry/Schema to
bring in a an XSD that's referenced by a wsdl. If the latter, how do I
make the linkage between the wsdl and the schema, within the esb?

Thanks,

Alan J

Re: Wsdl importing xsd

Ruwan Linton-3
Hi Jones,

AFAIK, you could use the schemaLocation attribute to inform the linkage
to the import element within the schema as follows;

<xsd:import namespace="urn:listing3" schemaLocation="listing3.xsd"/>

BTW: what is the ESB version that you are using, if it is the released
version (1.5), then you have to provide the schema location from the ESB
home and this has been fixed in the trunk to specify the schemLocation
relative to the WSDL location.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Jones, Alan R wrote:

>  I have a WSDl that I configure into the esb via the pointing to a Url.
> However, the wsdl imports a schema. How can I get the esb to import the
> schema at the same time? Or, do I use the Integrated Registry/Schema to
> bring in a an XSD that's referenced by a wsdl. If the latter, how do I
> make the linkage between the wsdl and the schema, within the esb?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan J

Re: Wsdl importing xsd

Paul Fremantle-2
Alan

What Ruwan is saying is that there is a bug in 1.5, which will be fixed
in 1.6. In fact its already fixed, just waiting to be rolled up into the
release which is due in the next two weeks.

At the moment the schemas are not referenced relative to the WSDL, so
you probably have to modify the import statement to point relative to
the ESB home --- or make it an absolute path.

Paul

Ruwan Linton wrote:

> Hi Jones,
>
> AFAIK, you could use the schemaLocation attribute to inform the linkage
> to the import element within the schema as follows;
>
> <xsd:import namespace="urn:listing3" schemaLocation="listing3.xsd"/>
>
> BTW: what is the ESB version that you are using, if it is the released
> version (1.5), then you have to provide the schema location from the ESB
> home and this has been fixed in the trunk to specify the schemLocation
> relative to the WSDL location.
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>
> Jones, Alan R wrote:
>>  I have a WSDl that I configure into the esb via the pointing to a Url.
>> However, the wsdl imports a schema. How can I get the esb to import the
>> schema at the same time? Or, do I use the Integrated Registry/Schema to
>> bring in a an XSD that's referenced by a wsdl. If the latter, how do I
>> make the linkage between the wsdl and the schema, within the esb?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alan J

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Office: +1 646 290 8050
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

RE: Wsdl importing xsd

Jones, Alan R
OK, so should I still put the schema physically into the Integrtaed
Registry, and then make the import statement change or it does not
matter? I am just wondering if there is any logical correlation of an
actual XSD file and the WSDL  as parts of a configured proxy, as if they
were all assets of a configured proxy, to be held in the registry.

Thanks,

Alan J

Re: Wsdl importing xsd

indika kumara-2
Hi Alan

In the ESB 1.5 release , we haven't provided a Custom URI Resolver for
resolving WSDL and schema imports. Therefore , all the imports were
resolved relatively to the ESB home. I have just changed the existing
code and committed the required changes to the synapse. If you could
check the your scenario with the ESB and synapse current svn, then you
would have following options for resolving imports.

    *

      For Proxy service WSDL

option 1 : You can use the actual WSDL and schema without any changes.
All imports are resolved against the parent URI(base URI).

option2 : If you want to use the actual service WSDL without any changes
but schema have to keep in the registry. Then, you can do it as follows .

Example : The External service WSDL is located at
http://localhost:9443/service/proxy/test_proxy.wsdl
<http://localhost:9443/service/proxy/test_proxy_1.wsdl> and It has
following the schema import

<wsdl:types>

<xs:schema targetNamespace="http://services.samples/xsd">

<xs:import schemaLocation="/*test_proxy.xsd*/"
namespace="http://services.samples/xsd"/>

</xs:schema>

</wsdl:types>

if you want to keep the XSD file in the registry under
*registry/schema/new_schema.xsd* and then use it as the schema for the
actual WSDL.

Then ,you have edit the synape.xml as follows .

add the registry definition

<registry provider="org.apache.synapse.registry.url.SimpleURLRegistry">

<parameter name="root">*file:registry/*</parameter>

<parameter name="cachableDuration">15000</parameter>

</registry>

And then add proxy service as

<proxy name="....">

<publishWSDL uri="http://localhost:9443/service/proxy/test_proxy.wsdl
<http://localhost:9443/service/proxy/test_proxy_1.wsdl> ">

/<resource location="//*test_proxy.xsd*//"
key="/*schema/new_schema.xsd*/"/> /

</publishWSDL>

</proxy>

if you doesn't specify the <resource > , then the imported schema will
be resolved against WSDL base URI
then there should be a schema at
http://localhost:9443/service/proxy/test_proxy.wsd
<http://localhost:9443/service/proxy/test_schema.wsd>.

    *

      For WSDL endpoint

Only has one option (option 1), that means it resolves URI relative to
the parent URI.

NOTE : For Inlined WSDL ( both of endpoints and proxy services) , the
base URI is computed by a system property called “resolve.root” and it's
default value is $ESB_HOME/repository. This is because , in the inlined
case , there is no base URI.

Thanks

Indika

Jones, Alan R wrote:

> OK, so should I still put the schema physically into the Integrtaed
> Registry, and then make the import statement change or it does not
> matter? I am just wondering if there is any logical correlation of an
> actual XSD file and the WSDL  as parts of a configured proxy, as if they
> were all assets of a configured proxy, to be held in the registry.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan J

Re: Wsdl importing xsd

indika kumara-2
It seems the email has been corrupted with the unwanted characters.
Sorry for that .I am resending mail .

/

indika kumara wrote:

> [...]
>
>      For WSDL endpoint
>
> Only has one option (option 1), that means it resolves URI relative to
> the parent URI.
>
> NOTE : For Inlined WSDL ( both of endpoints and proxy services) , the
> base URI is computed by a system property called “resolve.root” and
> it's default value is $ESB_HOME/repository. This is because , in the
> inlined case , there is no base URI.
>

> Thanks
>
> Indika
>

> Jones, Alan R wrote:
>> OK, so should I still put the schema physically into the Integrtaed
>> Registry, and then make the import statement change or it does not
>> matter? I am just wondering if there is any logical correlation of an
>> actual XSD file and the WSDL  as parts of a configured proxy, as if they
>> were all assets of a configured proxy, to be held in the registry.

RE: Wsdl importing xsd

Jones, Alan R
Will this change be included in tomorrow (1/18/2008) release?

.

Jones, Alan R wrote:
> OK, so should I still put the schema physically into the Integrtaed
> Registry, and then make the import statement change or it does not
> matter? I am just wondering if there is any logical correlation of an
> actual XSD file and the WSDL  as parts of a configured proxy, as if
> they were all assets of a configured proxy, to be held in the
registry.

> Thanks,
>
> Alan J

Re: Wsdl importing xsd

Paul Fremantle-2
Alan

The good news is yes it will be in the release. The bad news is that the
release got pushed back a week because of our dependency on the HTTPCore
project. I hope this isn't a problem. We can certainly get you a
certified build if you need it soon.

Paul

Jones, Alan R wrote:

> Will this change be included in tomorrow (1/18/2008) release?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan J

> Alan R Jones
> Boeing S&IS Mission Systems
> Denver Engineering Center (BDEC)

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Office: +1 646 290 8050
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

RE: Wsdl importing xsd

Jones, Alan R
OK, thanks but we can get by until the release, no real hurry.

In the course of working on various SOA-related projects one of the
things we have been tasked with is to evaluate open source ESBs, having
tinkered with the Aqualogic behemoth(btw, several of us here enjoyed
your "Open Source ESBs - as good as Belgian Beer?" video). We have
looked at ServiceMix to some degree already. Someone here had mentioned
to check out wso2 esb, and we like what we see so far.

Jones, Alan R wrote:

> Will this change be included in tomorrow (1/18/2008) release?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan J

> Alan R Jones
> Boeing S&IS Mission Systems
> Denver Engineering Center (BDEC)

Thanks for the info!

Please let us know if there is anything missing or that we should
prioritize for future releases too.

Paul

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair