wso2 esb 1.6 improvements

Jens Goldhammer
Hello,

the binary distribution of the esb 1.6 is missing some folders like logs
and registry... The folders are not created under Windows during first
start, so the console throws some errors. And you cannot use the
registry without creating the folder...
Maybe you can include it again ( folders existed in v.1.5) in the next
version.

Thanks,
Jens

Re: wso2 esb 1.6 improvements

Ruwan Linton-3
Hi Jens,

For logs I must agree on the fact that the logs folder does not exists
on the binary distro, which is the case for 1.5 as well, but AFAIK,
registry folder and the structure is there in 1.6 distribution.

Are you sure about this?

Thanks,
Ruwan.

Jens Goldhammer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the binary distribution of the esb 1.6 is missing some folders like
> logs and registry... The folders are not created under Windows during
> first start, so the console throws some errors. And you cannot use the
> registry without creating the folder...
> Maybe you can include it again ( folders existed in v.1.5) in the next
> version.
>
> Thanks,
> Jens

Re: wso2 esb 1.6 improvements

Jens Goldhammer
Hello Ruwan,

hmm, my archiver tugzip does not unzip these folders. I believe, it
ignores empty folders.
Thanks for the hint...
Jens

Ruwan Linton schrieb:

> Hi Jens,
>
> For logs I must agree on the fact that the logs folder does not exists
> on the binary distro, which is the case for 1.5 as well, but AFAIK,
> registry folder and the structure is there in 1.6 distribution.
>
> Are you sure about this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan.
>
> Jens Goldhammer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the binary distribution of the esb 1.6 is missing some folders like
>> logs and registry... The folders are not created under Windows during
>> first start, so the console throws some errors. And you cannot use
>> the registry without creating the folder...
>> Maybe you can include it again ( folders existed in v.1.5) in the
>> next version.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jens

Re: wso2 esb 1.6 improvements

Ruwan Linton-3
Jens Goldhammer wrote:
> Hello Ruwan,
>
> hmm, my archiver tugzip does not unzip these folders. I believe, it
> ignores empty folders.
> Thanks for the hint...
Jens,

Your are welcome, any way are you having this issue for logs as well? we
don not ship the logs folder and it will be created on the first startup
of the ESB.

Thanks,
Ruwan